Is there anything that can be done about cellulite??

Options
This is another question regarding Cosplay for me ^^;;

There's a character I want to Cosplay as, and she wears short shorts. I'm generally OK with my body besides needing to drop some weight and reduce my saddlebags....but I have cellulite on the back of my right thigh. It's only on my right, for some reason. I'm working at losing about 20 - 25 pounds, and lowering my BF% from 26% to 20%. I do strength training and cardio 2 - 3 days a week, and strictly cardio 3 days a week. On top of other things, like chores, walking around outside, etc.

Any advice?

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Strength training helps a lot. Chances are, though, you notice it more than anyone else would.

If all else fails, where sheer hosiery like Hooters girls do.
  • Voca_Star
    Voca_Star Posts: 140
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Voca_Star
    Options
    BUMP
  • Missyelliotfan33
    Missyelliotfan33 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just saw on Doc OZ talk about how no creams will help with celulite. So I wouldnt invest in any of that. I bet working out and getting more lean muscle would help cause I have heard many people say that.
  • PiggySweet
    PiggySweet Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    who are you cosplaying???
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    My aunt had some success with weleda cellulite birch body oil. Personally, haven't tried it, but I will give it a go when I am closer to my goal weight.
  • Voca_Star
    Options
    Aqua from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep :))
  • PiggySweet
    PiggySweet Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Aqua from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep :))

i don't know which outfit you're picking, but the one i remember is dark short-shorts with dark knee-highs. You could get away with those 'faux socks' tights that are black from the foot to the upper thigh and then are nude. It would give the appearance of thigh highs without the hassle of them falling down AND you'd hide that cellulite. i know it doesn't 'solve' the problem, which you'll still probably want to fix, but it may make you feel better.
  • Voca_Star
    Options
    I might have to do that. Yeah, she wears short-shorts and thigh-high socks ^^; I think her shorts MAY be long enough to hide it, since it's only half way down my thigh, but if I could get rid of it and not just hide it would be awesome. Your suggestion is really good, and I really appreciate it. I'll keep it in mind, for sure! :3
  • SaraBiston1
    SaraBiston1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello dear,
    Along with cardio do some Exercises like swimming, walking, stair stepping and even dancing will facilitate burn calories and these exercises can help remove cellulite from the legs. You’ll do any exercise that increase muscle and burn calories.

Try cellulite massages. The treatment is fairly easy and is way sort of a normal massage. You need to apply a moderate to heavy pressure to the cellulite area, using the palms, fingers and or knuckles to firmly massage the area. The massage can increase blood circulation permitting the body to scrub out the toxins victimization the bodies.

http://www.thebeautyinsiders.com/cellulite-creams
  • perfecting_emptiness
    Options
    I've read that using a body brush daily helps with circulation and helps reduce it. Not sure if it's true but I'd give it a go
  • noifest
    noifest Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree with the post above - use a body brush before you take a bath or shower. helps circulation and massages the lumps and bumps.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Body brushing is the BEST !!
    Twice a day and good long firm strokes is the best way!

That sounds rude...:embarassed: