Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Has anyone tried the 3-day diet with success?

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has tried the 3-day diet with any success. I have a friend who is doing it and has been losing weight, but I wanted to see if anyone has seen any really drastic results from trying it. Please share if so!!! Here is the link if you dont know what it is......http://blessedmommy.hubpages.com/hub/Lose-Up-To-10-Pounds-In-3-Days-On-The-3-Day-Diet.

3 DAY DIET

DAY 1:

Breakfast--1/2 Grapefruit, 1 Slice Toast, 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter, and Coffee or Tea

Lunch--1/2 Cup of Tuna, 1 Slice of Toast, and Coffee or Tea

Dinner--2 Slices of any type meat (About 3 ounces) 1 Cup of Green Beans, 1/2 Banana, 1 Small Apple, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream (YUM)!!!

Tip to Try: Warm the apple and/or banana and eat them over the ice cream. Delicious

DAY 2:

Breakfast--1 egg, 1 Slice of Toast, and 1/2 Banana

Lunch--1 Cup of Cottage Cheese (Or 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, and 5 Saltine Crackers

Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, (no buns), 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

DAY 3:

Breakfast--5 Saltine Crackers, 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Small Apple

Lunch-1 Hard-Boiled Egg, and 1 Slice of Toast

Dinner--1 Cup of Tuna, 1/2 of a Banana, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

This diet works on chemical breakdown and is proven. Do not vary or substitute any of the above foods. salt and pepper may be used, but do not use any other seasoning. diet is to be used three days at a time.

In three days you should lose 10 pounds. After three days of dieting, you can eat your normal foods, but do not over do it. After four days of normal eating, you may start back on the three day diet. You can lose up to 40 pounds in a month if this diet is followed precisely.

This is a safe diet.

REMEMBER: Do not eat/snack between any of the meals!

NOTE: Coffee or tea for the first two meals of Day 1 only. Water only from then on. Water intake is unlimited.

Replies

• _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    It sounds boring, gross, and very low calorie. What do you expect to get from this to make your weight loss sustainable after 3 days? A meal plan to torture yourself until you give up because you are starving and aren't losing any more weight? This is not the road you want to take. Trust me.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    This is a diet specifically designed for morons. So assuming you are not a moron, this is not a diet for you.
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    This diet has been around for ages (I tried it in the 80's!). It's awful. Steer clear. The ONLY thing that works for weight loss (if you want to keep it off) is patience and persistence.
  • dsylam1982
    dsylam1982 Posts: 50 Member
    I was thinking that it sounded kinda horrible myself....I guess Im just not seeing the results I want so I felt like going for drastic measures : ( I doubt I could stick to it either.....this is proving to be one of the hardest things I have ever done.....I quit smoking cold turkey 9 years ago and but I cant quit making bad food choices....ugh! Thanks for the advice though, it is greatly appreciated!
  • thatyogagirl
    thatyogagirl Posts: 50 Member
    I tried this diet years ago, when I was in College. I lost 3 pounds after the 3 days. I don't think I would do it again, I was very hungry all the time and I think its way below the minimum recommended calories per day.
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    thats really bleh and like no calories with the workouts i do id like die the 2nd day
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    i don't trust a diet with hot dogs in my dinner. That's mystery meat i wouldn't feed to my dog!
  • DevonW32
    DevonW32 Posts: 67 Member
    this was the first diet I ever did after havin my first child and yes it did work for me........only thing different was instead of the --2 Hot Dogs, (no buns...It was chicken .....only down side to it I was very hungy all the time and always looked forward to the next meal but as a total I lost about 10-15 along with excercise, till I stopped
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Hell and A No thank you. Why would someone punish themselves that way?
  • K_Smith86
    K_Smith86 Posts: 123
    I wouldn't do it - that's an unhealthy amount of weight loss in a month. Yeah, it's great because you see results, but it seems like you'd be doing more harm than good. Healthy weight loss should be gradual, not that drastic. I'd stay far away from it :)
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Looks like about 1000 calories a day. Perhaps for a kick start, but then go with the advice given here.

Oops...didn't see the hot dogs...Nope not a good idea. Why wouldn't you just lof here and eat sensibly?
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    what do you expect to accomplish in 3 days? lose some water? go for it
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 419 Member
    don't diet, just eat healthy and once in a while have something nasty if you mus, but, don't diet, eat healthy...repeat
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Any short term diet is questionable
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    If you lose it would be water (or for me not being able to keep down the cottage cheese) and not fat.

There is no get rich quick. You put the weight on and now you have to take it off the opposite way and eating any specific food will not do it (unless it is the putting it on and I blame cheeseburgers on that).

Site where it has been "proven". It will not be a reputable site. If not institution of higher learning or government (and I question them) I would not even waste my time clicking on the link.