finally reuniting with my marine husband

Options
My husband and I have been married for almost 10 months and he has been stationed over in Okinawa Japan for the last 8. After he left I started to tone up and lose a significant amount of weight and I look completely different from how I did when he saw me last. We have seen each other on skype and that's all so we haven't seen each other in person yet. He tells me that he thinks I look fantastic and everything all the time but I guess I just don't have confidence yet. The military finally approved me to move there so on Friday I'm leaving. But I'm just so nervous about seeing him and its been giving me anxiety and it got to the point where I told him a few times that I didn't want to come because I was just so scared of him not liking what he saw to pretty much the plane crashing. I just don't know how to get over this irrational thinking and gain confidence. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Oh hun, he married you for you, not for your body, he loves YOU! I'm not sure how to get over that much anxiety and lets face it..your moving to Japan??? Wow I'd be nervous about that. does the military there (I'm in Canada so no clue here) have support for familys of service men? I know we have that here.

By the way..well done and oh by the way...enjoy the reunion..I have a sneaking suspicion he won't take his eyes OR hands off of you!

Best of luck with the move
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Awwwww :hugs:

I'm sure he's just going to be happy to see you again, no matter how you look!!

Now, as far as moving to Japan...I really have nothing useful to add :/
  • Cjones1721
    Options
    thank you to the both of you, that was very nice to hear. Yes the military helps the families out a lot with things like housing, school, insurance. I think my biggest problem is i can't see the change myself but everyone else can and i don't understand how i'm supposed to y et
  • purpleblaze
    Options
    affirmations!! they really work too...tell your self your good enough! louise hays you can heal your life has lots of good ones!!
  • Cjones1721
    Options
    thank you :)
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Aww...if he liked you before, there's no reason why he wouldn't like you now! I'm sure he'll think you're as beautiful as ever, no worries! You're a tough cookie, I couldn't be away from my honey for that long....
  • jzsor12
    jzsor12 Posts: 69
    Options
    Well done on your progress but I think he'll just be glad to see you! He won't judge you he's your husband who you haven't seen for 8 months! Just enjoy yourself!
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I remember similar feelings before my husband would come home (he was Army), though probably not as strong. I always thought I'd have to be careful to look my best, but I didn't care about how my makeup or my outfit looked. All those little worries went right out the window as soon as he was home. We were both so happy to just be with each other. Relax girl! He loves you, you love him. Nothing else matters.
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You wil be fine! My friend moved there because her husband was in the military and they LOVED it. They both became certified divers and it is s beautiful there and there is so much to do! ENJOY IT! What a great opportunity to travel! As for your looks...I think you will get over that fear the minute he sees you :)
  • jennifermaffei17
    Options
    You're toning up and losing weight and looking better and somehow you still don't think you are looking better? That's all psychological. I think once he sees you and says how amazing you look, it will sink in for you. No worries, just let that stuff go.
  • mikeyb8
    mikeyb8 Posts: 1
    Options
    Retired Marine hre and I've spent many a years in Okinawa. Believe me, he will love you being there. It's hard enough being away from family. Having a spouse there with you makes life more enjoyable. There are many things you both can do there and close enough for you both to visit and shop in other countries. The support there for families is great. Enjoy your 3 years there. You may even wish to stay longer.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the move! He married you for you and he will love how you look no matter what!!!! My husband was deployed in 2009-2010 in Iraq and I was worried when he came home but everything went fine. Everything will be great!!!!!!!!! :happy:
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Aww. I'm so excited for you both. :heart:

How about thinking about all the things you've missed about him and then focusing on your own excitement about being reunited?

Enjoy the moment. Wishing you a wonderful reunion. :flowerforyou:
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    7 years ago I got on a plane to meet a man I'd only known online. We also Skyped, etc... I chose a cute little outfit (lol I WAS smaller then!) . On the plane on the way there, I just felt fatter and fatter... I swear I thought my buttons would pop and I'd bulge out of that little skirt!

All he remembers (so he says) is this little hottie who got off the plane to see HIM!

Oh ya, I married him. To this day he tells me how hot I am, altho I've grown a bit and am working on it. The little skirt went out of style, and I'm really too old for it.... but it is my goal to fit back into that little skirt again.

My point is..... I felt fat, but he didn't see fat. He saw ME.

And life is good.

I also called it "Sunny's Big Adventure".... just mentally making it ok for myself to JUST DO IT. So go have yourself an adventure!! It's going to be AWESOME!!!