What does it mean?

Options
kenmunson333
kenmunson333 Posts: 51 Member
I've had this happen a few times in the last year but recently it's happened four times in the last 5 days so now it's gotten me wondering if there's something more going on. in the last 5 days, 4 people (3 women and one guy) have commented on my hair and how much they'd like to run their hands through it. Well, the guy didn't actually comment on it. He just ran his hand through my hair. That was a little weird! Apparently the shocked expression on my face clued him in, as the whole brief conversation about football hadn't, that I wasn't gay. Total stranger by the way. Just happened to be sitting on the same bench at the mall. The women were nurses at a couple of doctor's offices and a hair stylist. I can understand the hair stylist a bit, after all, it's kind of her job. So what does it all mean? Does my hair look that much better at my current weight of 180 than it did when I weighed nearly 400 lbs? Are they hitting on me? Am I being sexually harassed? If they're hitting me on me, I hate to turn them down cold but going anywhere with it is liable to just piss my wife off. If it's sexual harassment, well, that's a kind of cool at my age. I wish I knew what it was that I apparently have so I could flaunt it.

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Based solely on the two photographs in your profile, it looks like you've both colored and combed your hair.

It's a blessing to have great hair. If they are hitting on you, be flattered and courteous. If they are just curious hair fetishists, be flattered and courteous.

I don't read too much into these things.
    -wtk
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    This thing that you have is called Swag!

Embrace it good sir...go forth with your Swag and don't hurt nobody.
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine EVER walking up to a stranger and touching their hair! :noway:

That being said, it seems to me that you would do well to follow Taco's advice and embrace your swag! :glasses:
    (And, of course, be courteous... no need to hurt the feelings of those who don't have swag!)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    lol this makes me laugh because people ask to touch my husbands hair (and do!!) all of the time! It's mostly middle aged/older women. He has dark brown, curlycurlycurly hair and they loooove it. It makes me laugh because I could not fathom asking to touch someone's hair and I could not imagine actually doing it?? lol. Older women as to feel his hair and older men always grab his (big) arms and squeeze- why are people so weird?? You're not alone, OP. haha.
  • disneysmith50
    Options
    first the man may be gay. the ladies liked what they saw. and i know that my hair looks a lot better at 185 then 267.7 it's even longer. so tell that wife to hold her head up high and smile i would. as for you keep up the good work it feels good to see someone looking and not OMG he's big.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Do you mind if maybe, possibly, I send you a FR and then touch your hair?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I apologized that day at the mall, what more do you want!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    As long as it's just your hair and not the "chili-ring". :blushing:
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    haha great hair on an older man is as rare and amazing as seeing bigfoot, or nessie. You just want to get your hands on it
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    You do seem to have a nice head of hair...

And it is fun to run your hands thru hair...
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

will you run your hands through my hair and make that face?
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute...you don't use Just for Men do you? :love:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    This is why I will never go back to San Francisco.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    It's the bench. It's a rendevous point. Had you responded appropriately, instructions would follow. Sit elsewhere.

I've already said too much.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

will you run your hands through my hair and make that face?

Grrrrr Jules
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Gross. I wouldn't let strangers touch my hair.
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The lady's are flirting. If its at work, they are still flirting. Or they are balding and are planning to scalp you and sport your luscious hair for themselves. Either way take the compliment.

Exnay the hairstylist comment... doesn't count. Never take a compliment to seriously from someone you paid. Same with strippers.

As for the strange man who simply waltzed on up and had a little one on one with your hair, he is Dahmer. run.
  • kenmunson333
    kenmunson333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The lady's are flirting. If its at work, they are still flirting. Or they are balding and are planning to scalp you and sport your luscious hair for themselves. Either way take the compliment.

Exnay the hairstylist comment... doesn't count. Never take a compliment to seriously from someone you paid. Same with strippers.

As for the strange man who simply waltzed on up and had a little one on one with your hair, he is Dahmer. run.

What? You mean that hook.., i mean lady, I was with (one time! just one time!!!!), might not have been telling me the truth when she said I was the best?
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    Do you mind if maybe, possibly, I send you a FR and then touch your hair?

Hahahahahhahahhahhhaha..... :blushing:
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

What? You mean that hook.., i mean lady, I was with (one time! just one time!!!!), might not have been telling me the truth when she said I was the best?

Errr... um... no I'm sure she meant it.... She wouldn't lie.