I was wondering.

Options
We haven't gone grocery shopping since i've gotten over my stomach flu, so we had frozen pizza last night.

I was still under my calorie goal.

so would that be allowed?

Going grocery shopping tonight, but I was just wondering if you could eat junk sometimes as long as you're still under your goal?

Replies

• moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    eveyone has different opinions on this but it comes down to calories...technically you could eat nothing but junk and still lose weight. you'll feel like crap but it can be done. a little "bad" food now and then keeps me honest. I log it and if it's within my calories then I do NOT feel bad about it.
  • Happy
    Happy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Really a calorie is a calorie. If you burn more than you eat you'll lose. You might not be very healthy if all of your calories come from junk but you would still lose. Sometimes pizza makes me retain water so drink lots to help with this. And I think as long as you're not eating pizza for every meal, it is an ok treat once and awhile.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Healthy calories are always best but, at least to me, this is a lifestyle change. If I thought I could never have pizza, a burger, or a milkshake again I would never stick to this! It's okay to have stuff like that sometimes, especially if you stick to your calorie goal! Way to go!
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    I agree with what the others have said - a calorie is a calorie - you are the one that will choose what kind of calories will go into your body...is junk ok every once in a while....sure - its about portion control and (for me) when I do have "junk" its about not allowing myslef to use that as a free pass to have more junk...
    BUT --- being UNDER your calorie goal isnt the idea - the goal is to hit as close to your calorie goal as possible.
  • kfrancesconi
    kfrancesconi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't really consider pizza junk food, but that is just my opinion. Again, it comes down to the choices you make, as in, what kind of frozen pizza did you eat? My husband and I put a frozen pizza in on a friday or saturday night. We used to put in a deluxe pizza with sausage. I now only buy plain cheese pizza. We then put our own vegies on top; red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, and spinach. We also make a big salad on the side for us to share (with oil and vinegar and vegies only). I think we could even take it a step further and try to find a pizza with a whole wheat crust. Another option would be for you to make and freeze your own pizzas. We love to cook so this is fun for us. That way you can make a whole wheat crust and you can pick all healthy toppings. Also, you will be forgoing a lot of the preservative that are in frozen pizzas you buy at the store. So I say go for it! Eat some pizza...but make the right choices when choicing the pizza you are going to eat!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I do it sometimes, and I'm still losing :) I don't eat perfect all the time, and I figure if I want a pizza every now and then, I'm going to eat it. That way, I don't ever feel deprived and I can stick to my healthy lifestyle!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Allowing yourself to eat "unhealthy" or "not the healthiest of foods" sometimes I think is actually good, in moderation (staying within calorie limits). If you completely deprive yourself of foods that you enjoy and really like then one day you might cave and eat it..but way too much!