Office Treat Overload!

Options
Hi, MFP friends,

I work for an office that is associated with a LOT of bakeries. We constantly have fresh bakery in our office.
I know a lot of other offices have treats brought in often as well. How do YOU avoid the treats/snacks?

Today, there's a whole plate of danish and a box of cupcakes! Help!!

Replies

• pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    Options
    Keep your lunch at your desk and don't go in the lounge. Try to get other people in your office to make the weight loss commitment. I'm sure you are not the only one who is struggling with all the treats.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I avoid the kitchen unless I'm making tea or getting my lunch ready. My office manager buys pure junk for us to eat...chips, snack crackers (think Lance crackers), soda, doughnuts...just junk.
    I always bring snacks and lunch with me.
  • twofurkids
    Options
    Our office is _really_ small. We only have 3 full time staff. We don't have a break room. Our eating area is in the same space as my cubicle.
  • jdramage
    Options
    What I've done wrong in the past is completely refuse to eat whatever it is that I'm craving, only to eventually cave and go overboard. I love bakery sweets and they are often around my office too. What I will do is cut a danish or muffin or whatever in half and eat it slowly. I tell myself that's all I'm allowed to have and that makes me stop. Indulge just a little bit and you won't be obsessing. Just try to make sure it's not every day :)
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Post a picture of you at your thinner self that you're trying to get back to. If you can't find one then take a piture of you with a smaller pair of pants in front of you. When you think about the donought look at the picture.

I've tried to get everyone else in the office on this site. I've gotten a few and we talk about calories and exercise all the time. The junk food addicts are starting to get the picture. I've also stocked my mini-fridge with carotts, radishes, ect for everyone who's on the site.

Good luck!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    If you want something, take it, freeze it and save it for your free day (or a designated day). I find if I let myself has snacks 1 day a week it doesn't take me long to lose the taste for them. I have a container of caramel bars my mom made at thanksgiving and I still haven't touched them!
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Chew gum it helps when the treats are staring you in the face.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    log it first and decided whether or not it's really worth it. If you have the calories and you still want it then go for it. and keeping snacks at your desk is a great idea - have choices that are better for you but that you still actually like to eat.
  • twofurkids
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! Much appreciated!!