physical limitations

Options
I've been trying to exercise as much as possible. My mind says oh yeah...my body says Hell no!! I'd like to know what the heck happened to me in the last 4 yrs?!...I moved to Florida from NJ... gained almost 50lbs and my slightly disabled self went to heck in a hand basket FAST!...I have back issues ( Steel rod, degenerating discs, arthritis and stenosis) an arthritic knee, asthma, A-Fib..blah blah blah....but I want to MOVE! EXERCISE! LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!...I can't do 'crunches' and some of the other ab workout moves hurt my back. Anyone have suggestions?! I walk in my job...only sitting for a total of maybe 90 min spread throughout my 9-10hr day. I swim 2-3 x a week..( ie...paddle back and forth a few times...backstroke a few times...breathe hard,use inhaler, get out, go sit in hot tub) I also throw on some music and try to 'dance' around my living room. So far, I've lost 1/2 pound in the last 2 weeks. Is this normal? I set myself at 1200 calories a day, and my weakness is my sweet tooth at night with my evening tea...I'd appreciate ANY tips, tricks, and encouragement!!! Thanks!

Replies

• justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    As for situps... I started doing them on the exercise ball... I couldn't do three the first time... Last time I did 72... 18 of them with a weighed medicine ball... I injured my cocyx while pregnant and had a disk injury... Thankfully no surgery... But regular sit ups were hell...

As for the rest... Start slow and work up... When I started biking I couldn't do one half mile without feeling like I was dying... now a short ride is ten miles...

You may not be eating enough... Without knowing your height and weight and age (or your calculated bmr and tdee) I can't say anything...
  • meganbollheimer
    Options
    I have the same problem. I worked out a lot a few days ago, and gained a pound. And I always get a sweet tooth at night!
    -I just dont buy any junk foods or sweet things, then I have none to eat. But, when I really want something sweet, I eat these quaker oats cinnamon pecan breads that I got from wal-mart. They fill me up pretty well and are really sweet.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'd save up for a personal trainer and nutritionist. With all your issues a meds etc I think they can help you way more than we ever can.
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I sent you a text earlier with an exercise you can do in the pool to target your abs. But there are MANY others. Did you bookmark that link I sent with pool exercises? The water will help lessen the impact and strain on your body. There's a woman at my gym who does water aerobics and is wheelchair bound normally.