• Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    6 Skinless Breasts
    3 Cups Pace Picante Sauce
    1/2 Cup Minced Garlic
    2 TBSP Black Pepper
    6 Hours - WHOA!

one of my favorite recipes!! i add a bit of EVOO also. AND 1/4 of a packet of Onion Soup Mix ( it doesnt change the taste, just enhances it =)

The chicken is fall apart tender also for 3 hours covered in the oven at 350F :flowerforyou: and i SO agree on the garlic amount !!:glasses:
  • spinachsmoothies
    Options
    excellent idea - thanks!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    sounds delish
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome dude! TRYIN IT!!!
  • Jazmin1961
    Options
    What serving size would you reccommend for someone such as myself who is just starting out? This dish sounds delicious adn one of my biggest concerns is how to prepare my meals sifferently so that I will still eat them wihtout oo much salt.
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump.... Looks good
  • sparkdoc
    sparkdoc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • lane823
    lane823 Posts: 41
    Options
    For those that have tried this, would I be able to make this and serve the chicken breasts on a bun? I have to think of something that is easy to make and serve for about 20 people this weekend when we are drag racing at Brainerd International Raceway.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    i will be trying love crock pot meals I dont have time to cook that often
  • darkthund3r
    Options
    this sounds awsome.. i love garlic and anything mexicany

my grandmother makes the best pot roast in the world and its so simple..
    the roast like
    2 or 3 cans of cream of mushroom soup (depends on the size of the roast ofc)
    2 onions (in () applies here as well)

its basically touch and go.. but omg its the best shizz in the world.. with home made cream potatoes and corn bread.. f, im being a fatty.
  • shaunagirl
    shaunagirl Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! Gonna have to try this week.
  • DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I'll be making it Saturday
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    <3 my Crackpot.... i mean crockpot :heart:
    Sounds Awesome!
  • amazzing64
    Options
    I make this all the time but instead of the garlic (personal choice) I use the reduced sodium etc. Taco seasoning pack with the salsa. Put on heart healthy tortillas or low-carb.. or just eat plain. It's truly one of my favorite dishes ever, and my family loves it. Come home from work & dinner is done. Who doesn't like that ?
  • StampingJen
    StampingJen Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    this sounds amazing - and so simple! will have to try it. maybe serve over quinoa.
    if one were to put a "normal" amount of minced garlic in, what would you think? 2 Tbl?
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I make this all the time but instead of the garlic (personal choice) I use the reduced sodium etc. Taco seasoning pack with the salsa. Put on heart healthy tortillas or low-carb.. or just eat plain. It's truly one of my favorite dishes ever, and my family loves it. Come home from work & dinner is done. Who doesn't like that ?

what is this "tortilla" you speak of?

I can't seem to get my serving of chicken to the tortilla before I've eaten it. Seriously, I have to be physically removed from in front of the crockpot when this is "what's for dinner!"
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I use fresh pico de gallo instead of salsa and some ms dash southwest blend and have lunch for a few days
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump