Ideal weight?

Options
What would be the ideal weight for 5ft tall lady like me? I have bren trying to loose some weight and do far lost 16lbs. But I don't have a set goal of how much weight I should lost. Any suggestions? And please educate me on how you his loose the weight and keeping them off. That would be a great help. Thank you

Replies

• shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It really depends on you and what you are wanting. Look at the BMI charts and see what the healthy ranges is. Then make goals from there.
  • Fat2FitProject
    Options
    I would say your ideal weight should be 95 to 120 lbs. I have answered your other questions on my other post =)
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11--I started at 117, I'm currently 107 and hope to be 100-105.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'd say don't worry about weight, go for body fat %. The "healthy" range on the BMI scale is so wide, it's unreal. As long as your BF% is below 32%, you're healthy. After that, it's all about how you look and feel. Nothing else is really important.
  • celmotte
    Options
    5ft = 152.4cms I was once told by a nutritionist that the ideal weight for a woman is thei height is cms minus 110. So according to her your ideal weight would be 42.4 kgs = 93.47 lbs
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What would be the ideal weight for 5ft tall lady like me? I have bren trying to loose some weight and do far lost 16lbs. But I don't have a set goal of how much weight I should lost. Any suggestions? And please educate me on how you his loose the weight and keeping them off. That would be a great help. Thank you

I'm 5'1 and going by charts and such my 'Ideal' weight is supposed to be around 105 to 118..

The last time I was at around 135ish people thought I looked Too thin and were always commenting on it to me and trying to feed me *lol*.
    I have a hour glass body shape so I already don't look my weight even now.

The weight that looks good on you may not be near what is considered 'ideal'.

Just remember that is OK.

If you lose weight, feel good and are happy with yourself, then the numbers on the scale are irrelevant. IMO :flowerforyou:
  • kataleya1113
    Options
    I'm overwhelmed everyone. And thank you for all the inputs. I will challenge myself and set a goal to 110. I have a couple more lbs to loose. Everybody rocks here on Mfp! You guys are the best. Thanks for the support.
  • kataleya1113
    Options
    Wow that's amazing progress. Keep up the great work. An thanks for your input as well.
  • kataleya1113
    Options
    I'd say don't worry about weight, go for body fat %. The "healthy" range on the BMI scale is so wide, it's unreal. As long as your BF% is below 32%, you're healthy. After that, it's all about how you look and feel. Nothing else is really important.

I do own that scale that tells me my BF% I have to check on that thank u :-)