Fit Bit

Options
I have been reading about calorie monitors that you can attach to your body that will give you the exact amount of calories burned instead of relying on MFP or the elliptical trainer that I use. Any suggestions as to what type works? And is it worth it to buy one?

Replies

• Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I personally own a Polar FT7 heart rate monitor. I LOVE IT!!!! Polar is suppose to be pretty accurate because they come with the chest strap but is only for when you are working out. The fitbit would be more for all day usage but doesn't come with anything to monitor your heart rate so I am not really sure how accurate it could be. My suggestion to you is do your research.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is pretty accurate...when I override it's calories it gives me for training with what MFP wants to give me there is not much diff. Fitbit motivates me all day. Best thing I've ever bought towards weight loss. I intend to use it for maintenance too so that the daily steps n stair goals keep me on track if exercise slows up. I've never owned a HRM so not sure how they compare but second poster right about cardio measure, which is y MFP override good. Still, not MUCH diff.
  • Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Don't go by MFP for calories burned while doing your workouts. When I compared what my heart rate said I burned to MFP, MFP almost doubled the amount. Like I have always said I don't know how accurate everything is but I would rather record my workouts to low than way to high. Especially if you plan on eating exercise calories back.