• Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    442 g baby spinach
    1 cup 1% milk
    224 g strawberries
    195 g grapes
    334 g cantaloupe
    1 container of nonfat plain chobani (16 ounces)

Blend, blend, blend! :)

the link shows a screen shot of the recipe I put in w/ nutritional info :)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I love green smoothies and try to have at least one a day. The recipe serves 18 people! You must have a gi-normous blender. :wink:
  • Seokie
    Options
    Lol - I input the into to be 100 g /serving so its easy to keep track of - its actually two blenderfuls to make a pitcher which lasts me a WHILE :)
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
  • michay
    michay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    On my grocery list for the week! The excess keeps well in the fridge? How long will it keep before going bad?
  • Seokie
    Options
    On my grocery list for the week! The excess keeps well in the fridge? How long will it keep before going bad?

I'm not sure how long total because a pitcher for me usually lasts between 4-5 days (I'll have 400g in a coffee travel mug and that's breakfast).
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I love green smoothies! There's one at a Whole Foods a bit further away that's called Green and Glowing. I can have that every day. I need to learn how to make it correctly!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have a green smoothie everyday for breakfast. I just combine about a cup of water a couple big handfuls of spinach then frozen banannas. This is my base and then i keep a variety of frozen and fresh fruits on hand and just add whatever sounds good. It makes two 32 oz glasses full which I drink through the morning.
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I only drink them fresh, I can't stand drinking them if it's been sitting in the fridge. I love green smoothies :)
  • Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We always make ours fresh every morning.
    Ours are as follows:
    100g spinach
    100g kale
    75g grapes
    50g baby carrots
    50g cabbage
    5 strawberries
    100g pineapple
    1 banana
    25g of each blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
    1cup water and 1 cup ice.
    Makes roughly 64oz.
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi - does anyone have any recipes for smoothies that use something "green" besides spinach? Please share!
  • Seokie
    Options
    Hi - does anyone have any recipes for smoothies that use something "green" besides spinach? Please share!

Just sub in whatever green you want w/ fruit :) I like bok choy and kale too :)
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Would it work with broccoli or does it have to be a leafy green?
  • Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Would it work with broccoli or does it have to be a leafy green?

Broccoli has a weird taste in smoothies. We even tried brassicuss sprouts too with no success...
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

You can use kale or really any leafy green I suppose. Spinach is good though because it's so mild and all you taste is the fruit in the smoothie. I find kale much to bitter, and I haven't been brave enough to try anything else.
  • Theforce31
    Theforce31 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I discovered carrot greens for my smoothie.
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    130g spinach
    85g broccoli
    2 scoops of protein
    2 tbsp ground flax seeds
    1 cup (8oz) unsweetened almond milk
    2 cups water
    140g frozen blueberries

Makes a really really really big breakfast. No, I cant taste the broccoli (that's why I put it in there, I hate broccoli).
    I tried eating half one day and half the next, but the spinach (and maybe the broccoli?) starts smelling and tasting weird after 1 day in the fridge
  • inkandsheep
    inkandsheep Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It's best to drink fresh because the fruits and veggies start losing nutrients after they've been processed.

I used peashoots in mine this morning. Usually I use either kale or spinach.