Anyone want to do the 100 pushup challenge with me?

Options

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I'm in; 33 for the 'initial test' before form started to suffer.
    So starting at Week 3, column 3.
  • missjacki
    Options
    I don't think it matters how often we check in...every day or every week whatever keeps you motivated.

I forgot to check-in last week. I am up to Week 2 Day 3

18-18-16-16-22

getting easier each time, but those last couple of the 5th rep are always buggers for me!!

I am also doing Couch to 5K and the 200 situp challenge; so hopefully I am not going overboard.

Since all 3 programs recommend a day of rest in between I am alternating between C25K one one day then pushups & situps on the other day....that way each 2 days I am hitting all the major muscle groups and excercizing almost every day.
  • missjacki
    Options
    Oh, the pull-up challenge sounds like even more fun.. because they are way harder for me :D

I'd love to be able to do pull-ups. Have never actually completed one in my life (not to say I haven't tried)

how do you train for pull-ups if you cannot even do ONE?
  • geebusuk
    Options
    There's other pull up challenge sites.

And yes, it does actually cover starting out without being able to do any at all! They add a couple of weeks in where you do a lot of 'negative' ones it seems; just doing the lowering section.
    www.studbarpullup.com

Did consider doing that too, but doing a lot of indoor rock climbing anyway as it is.
  • CrzyRhyno
    Options
    im so game on this...
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump... I might. I did it once already. it is fun!
  • kywh
    kywh Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    that sounds really cool! I might do this!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I want to! I'm going to find the app right now! I used to be able to do 35, hurt my shoulder and had to stop for a year. I'll do the test tonight!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I DARE ANYBODY TO DO THIS:

Put this as your FACEBOOK status: "For every 'like' this status receives, i will do a set of 10 push-ups"

I did that a few months back, expecting only 5-10 likes.
    NOPE. 37 likes. 370 push-ups. I hadn't done more than 40 in a day in over a decade, but with a looming commitment that i made to the people that like my status, i had to bust them out, and i surprised myself with how many i could do in a day.
  • lindsiswatchingyou
    lindsiswatchingyou Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'll check in at the end of week 1 (I'm on W1D2 right now).
  • LadyMartini2010
    Options
    I'm in. I have never really been able to do push-ups but my upper body could use some help. I tested at level 3 and was surprised about that. Looking forward to transforming my body and my mind one section at a time. *letsgo*
  • mandorla
    mandorla Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I bookmarked the page for tonight. **excited**:bigsmile:
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Would love to but my knees kill me even doing the modified version. But good luck to all.
  • endureandpersist
    endureandpersist Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    No, but thanks for asking!
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Oh, the pull-up challenge sounds like even more fun.. because they are way harder for me :D

I'd love to be able to do pull-ups. Have never actually completed one in my life (not to say I haven't tried)

how do you train for pull-ups if you cannot even do ONE?

No worries, MissJacki.....heres what you do. Stand under the bar you're going to use. Ideally, the bar should be high enough so you can grab it but your arms are completely extended. Place a chair or stool right behind the back of your knees. Bend one of your legs and place the toe of your shoe on the chair. Pull up on the bar as high as you possible can. When you get to the end of how high you can go, gently push down with your toe/shin as if you are trying to straighten your leg but the chair is in the way. In this way, you can use your leg to "help" you get your first pull up while at the same time using the smallest amount of help possible from your leg. The lions share of the work is still going to be coming from your shoulders, arms and back. You can use this technique until you can get about 5. After that don't use it. Keep doing 5 until you can do 6 and so on.
  • lindsiswatchingyou
    lindsiswatchingyou Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    End of Week 1...I finished yesterday with 8, 10, 7, 7, maxed @ 15.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Completed Wk 3 Day 1 (I did a couple more than required on some sets and did another set of 10 at the end)

The last set of 20 was fairly difficult. Day 2 has a significant jump in numbers required which makes me a little concerned.
  • ThePTrain
    Options
    Just finished w1d2 tough, arms are burning.
  • geebusuk
    Options
    Did W3D1 earlier - first day for me as it started me then.
    While I did them all, I think only the last 15 of 17 should really be considered 'good' form, so knocked the number down.