Warrior diet/Intermittent Fasting anyone?

Options
I have been reading up on the warrior diet and intermittent fasting. It sounds really doable and the benefits sound awesome. What do you MFPers think about it? Helpful comments welcome, those who have tried it could also help me out? I work from 8:00am to 5:00pm and i really have no time to eat right. Eating at night seems really cool. What do y'all think? I am 24, 5ft 4in, weigh 143Ibs and aiming for 125Ibs.:smile:

Replies

• KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Is the warrior diet a one big meal a day diet? If so, I couldn't do it. I'm a low-volume eater, and it's really hard to get all the calories I need in a day, even when I eat several meals. @_@.

But if you end up going with it, good luck~.
  • nenyo999
    nenyo999 Posts: 21
    Options
    I actually tend to lean towards big volumes foodwise so i think this should work out ok for me. Thanks anyway for your comment!
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I do an IF combination between lean gains, 16 x 8 and warrior, 20 x 4. I've been doing the IF for well over a month now and it has been working great for me.

You can search MFP for the IF group. Feel free to browse the FAQ or previous posts.
    I actually tend to lean towards big volumes foodwise so i think this should work out ok for me.

I think so too. I say go for it!
  • PrimalGirl
    PrimalGirl Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi, there are a few different types of intermittent fasting that are out there

http://annastephens.hubpages.com/hub/Intermittent-Fasting-Alternate-Day-Fasting-and-52-Fasting

You could try one of these and work your way up. I broke my foot a couple of weeks ago and so can't get in the gym. As a result I've been fasting everyday and just eating one snack at about 5pm and my normal evening meal at 7/7.30pm. I found it quite difficult to start with, but it's much easier now. I'd recommend water, herbal tea and chewing gum to keep you going through the day.

IF also puts your body into 'repair' mode rather than 'replace' mode (because the 'fuel' isn't there to create new cells, the body is forced to repair existing ones instead of just discarding them and synthesising new ones). This reduces free radicals in the body and, in my opinion, has significantly speeded up the healing of my broken foot.

Best of luck.

PrimalGirl
  • nenyo999
    nenyo999 Posts: 21
    Options
    thanks so much!
  • rosdm
    rosdm Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of intermittent fasting and it's going well. I fast three days whilst at work - M-W-F. 500 cals per day mainly full fat cottage cheese, salad, oatcakes, thai broth with veg and a little chicken. I make sure I save a couple of mouthfuls for just before bed so I don't risk lying awake hungry.
    Between fasts, I have whatever I want - sometimes healthy porridge, sometimes chips or icecream. Often I eat something healthy because I want it and, because each fast is only a day, I don't feel the need to stuff my face when I can.
    So far, I've barely felt hungry at all which is a surprise as I'm usually a big eater and love carbs. Plus I feel lighter, healthier and more cheerful.
    Weigh-in at the start - 16st 11lb. This morning - 16st 0lb. My last 'normal' diet made me miserable and had no real effect.
    If you decide to give it a try - good luck.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I've been doing LG 16/8 since March and I find it to be an excellent way to manage caloric intake without spending all day thinking about food. My strength gains have kept plugging on just fine while on the program.