Eating because of others

Options
AGreen54
AGreen54 Posts: 100 Member
I eat a lot of one thing sometimes because of other people in the house. What i mean is if there is, lets say a bag of chips, I will eat more than I normally will because if i don't eat it someone else will. Has any one ever said to you "well you should have eaten it first"if you were going to eat something but someone ate it before you could? Its eat or it will get eaten in my house. Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hide it or take out the portion you would have then who cares if they eat the rest?
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Hide it or take out the portion you would have then who cares if they eat the rest?

YEP!

You can also always buy more. There is really no such thing as the last cookie...they come back! lol.
  • bluebell88xx
    bluebell88xx Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This happens in my house EVERYDAY! My sister eats like a horse and sometimes I dont even know we have the food cause shes already eaten it and I just discover the empty packet in the cuboard! She has a habit of not even putting the wrapper in the bin. ANNOYING! Nowadays I just think, well your the one eating the unhealthy food, I dont even get a snif of it haha, shes always been the skinny one and now shes nearly the same weight as me. I love not eating the junk she eats :)
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Usually I am happy if someone else eats it...keeps me from eating it!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    No, don't have this problem in my house.. but yeah, if you have to, hide it in your room or somewhere so that you can eat the proper serving size :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im the only person trying to lose the fat on my body so other people have nothing to do with it.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I've had this issue..saving something for later and someone eats it, and then the habit becomes "eat it now so I definitely get to have it".

What I try to remind myself: it's not a donor heart. There will always be another something/treat/what have you. Losing out on a donor heart because someone got there first? That would suck. Losing out on a cookie? A great price on a pair of shoes? There will always be another cookie, and another shoe sale.

(I don't need a donor heart, just using that example because those are in a true shortage and not getting one when you need one...would really suck.)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Take a small portion out, stick it in a baggie, and hide it in your room:smile:
  • 750psi
    750psi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well stated! lol!