Anyone here use Raspberry Ketones?

Options
My wife mentioned to me about maybe trying this supplement, but i've never heard of it before. Has anyone here tried it, or is currently taking them? Pros/ Cons?

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    There's really no evidence that they make any difference to weight loss in humans.
  • mskimber99
    Options
    yes and they don't work...save your money..i got them for an energy boost because i'm hypothyroid.. they did nothing...no energy..my scale didn't move for 6 weeks...added more calories to my diet because i am always under and am consciously trying to up them and i have been been seeing a difference..save your money and time....don't bother with them
  • SophieB74656
    SophieB74656 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    not raspberry ketones....but I have been taking green coffee pills and I do think they've made a difference
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have tried them; just took one; haven't noticed a difference.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The human studies in it showed no improvement and even if they did, you would have to eat pounds of the stuff every day.
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Well I have no idea, BUT they are doing a free bottle in the UK to try.. so I got some.. and will let you know..
    The website says someone lost 15lbs in a week! :D wow! dunno how true that is hahaa.. there IS NO magic pill.. I wish there was.. but we shall see :noway:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am sure your wife heard it from Dr. Oz. If this is her source, I would advise her to stop listening to a tv show that makes money on product promotion.

What works - more calorie out than in and exercise.
  • sbalile
    sbalile Posts: 5
    Options
    I was losing weight at a pitiful rate. But then I started taking Rasberry Ketones and the weight finally started coming off. So, I think it works.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I just like eating raspberries myself.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Supposedly they're very effective - if you happen to be a mouse and you eat 2% of your bodyweight a day in raspberry ketones. If you don't meet both of the above criteria, they're just another Dr. Oz weight loss scam.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I just like eating raspberries myself.

Me too :)