Help for a girl in the UK?

Options
I have (since my 20's) been curvy, but when I had my daughter 5 years a go I developed a rare form of osteoporosis in pregnancy (basically m daughter fractured my spine in 7 places, and I lost 2 inches in height) so I have gone from a very active person to someone who needs to be super careful (IE: no more horse riding for me) I also gave up smoking in May (YAY ME!!) but have put on 2 stone...THEN...I suffered a miscarriage in July which has added on another half a stone from comfort eating and drinking...I am on day 2 of my diet and any support/advice/recipies would be a huge help!!!!:wink:

Replies

• daisylilyrose
    daisylilyrose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You've been through a lot, well done for stopping smoking, feel free to add me
  • misslou7
    misslou7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to add friends - they're the best motivator :-)
  • LLEB92
    LLEB92 Posts: 21
    Options
    Just don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GuineaMother
    GuineaMother Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh you poor thing, what a sad story.
    You have your beautiful daughter though, and have already conquered a massive challenge in giving up smoking. You can do this! I'm from the UK too, so please feel free to add me. There's also a UK group you could join http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/167-team-uk
  • 5434susie
    Options
    Am on day 2 too but have a long way to go (am hoping 50-60lbs) so am in for the long haul.Haven't yet lost the baby weight and the babies are 13 and 10!! Good luck. Feel free to add me too.
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Aw luv, you have been through alot!! I really feel for you!! Feel free to add me, im on here everyday and i love motivating people!! I too put 2 stone on after i had my daughter, its taking a while to shift it too. Well done on quitting smoking!! Thats fantastic!! xx :smile:
  • vmacmath
    Options
    aww thank you peeps, what a great support group already!! I'm feeling all positive and ready for this challenge!! I know I'll never be a size zero (don't fancy it anyway to be honest) but a healthy 12-14 would be nice, and to walk..not waddle ha ha :flowerforyou:
  • Shazamablam
    Shazamablam Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me too! Looking to motivate and be motivated and also in the Uk!!
  • pattynoonan
    Options
    We all need encouragement. I don't know why I am so lazy and not "getting it". I want to lose 18 lbs but seem to be just covering it up with baggy clothes. I remember feeling so much better about myself and my appearance after being sick with pancreatitis and not being able to eat more than a graham cracker a day for months. I felt sick and terrible but thought" damn , I look good". Weird, huh? I don't want to be sick, I like to feel healthy! But am not doing what it takes to be a smaller size. I left the gym almost a year ago because of very low blood sugar, but have stabalized and know I need to get moving. I am going to ask a co worker today, who also wants to lose weight, if she wants to go running/ walking after work.
  • criscros08
    Options
    I am sooo sorry to hear but really happy for you that it seems you are in a good place now. Taking the first step. I stoped smoking a year before i got pregnant and put on 7 kg. After i got pregnant i lost nearly all the weight controling portions and trying to eat only whole foods. Than i had a misscarriage and did the same as you. searching for comfort in food. and it helped first untill you get dressed in the morning and clothes dont fit and you dont even want to look in the mirrow..... i started in january 2011 leaving that life behind. and now i am happy again. Just be patient and dont think you can-t be happy until you lost the weight. Start now> beeing happy, getting abit more activ, searching for people that support you. My biggest motivation my 4 year old. she helps me cooking, preparing. Love it. Feel free to add me. would love to stay in contact
  • WorkLifeBalance
    Options
    Wow, you have been through a lot. This must be very hard for you. You can certainly add me.
  • toddjg
    toddjg Posts: 16
    Options
    Success is the best motivator. Just don't give up. Give yourself a month and make yourself not quit for that long. The success you see will keep you going. What you've been through, and what you have already accomplish should be all the evidence you need that you can do this. For me, just awareness of the calorie goals and that motivation to come in under the "magic number" kept me going in the beginning. Once you start to see the success, it just snowballs. As my friend always said, "When you are not doing it, you cannot imagine doing it. Once you are into it, you cannot imagine NOT doing it." For me, that has proven very true. You absolutely can do this.
  • vmacmath
    Options
    WOW! I can see this is really going to help....Am looking forward to my hour hike after school drop off with a fellow chubby mummy with our dogs tomorrow...best thing to get you off your butt...a hyper border collie puppy!! What do you all think of Slim Fast? I find its a lot of calories for what it is? The family are having spag bol tonight, I am ACTUALLY looking forward to a tuna salad and tomorrow is Chicken wrapped with Parma Ham and stuffed with low fat Philly with corn on the cob and new pots....I have never been this organised with meals EVER!!! Off for another glass of water!!
  • vmacmath
    Options
    Comfort food is evil...I was lying in the bed stuffing myself with crisps and choc and drinking myself stupid....