Teacher Friends...

Options
Okay, our first teacher work week is next week. Today is our first official day. I always pack my meals during the school year, but I'm wondering how to keep so little calories. Today and next week will be "practice" because I'll still be able to work out EVERY day... after that I know I won't Tuesday or Thursday because I work my 2nd job until 8 pm, then I'll need to eat dinner, etc.

So: In the morning I have a smoothie with all my fruits, and spinach.

During Planning (mine is 2nd period like last year): I need something more substantial and with a little bit of protein. Today I did one of my hundred calorie sandwich rolls with peanut butter

Lunch: I have a turkey sandwich and baked tortillas. I have gone through phases of bringing salads with chicken, but I'm also on a budget, and chicken then gets to be expensive if I'm having it in a salad EVERY day...

I need a good after school snack, as that is my time that I feel HUNGRY and want nothing but carbs and fat usually... especially if I start eating salads for lunch again. What's something here that will satisfy me and fill me up until it's time for a good dinner?

Also, then I'm worried that I don't have enough calories for a "real" dinner.

Thanks in advance. My prinicpal just stopped by and asked if I lost weight :)

Replies

• elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    if you are going with salad and want to switch out your protein you can try nuts or cheese, or beans, i love garbanzo beans in my salad. If you like tofu, it's a great protein for salads, in my opinion, because it really picks up the flavors of any dressing.
  • DeeMcG11
    DeeMcG11 Posts: 21
    Options
    I like rice cakes with lite cream cheese. Only about 75 calories for one and you can get different flavours depending on your mood, Like white cheddar with regular cream cheese or caramel chocolate with strawberry cream cheese. These are also good topped with salmon (higher in calories though).

I also like making pizza bagels. I use sliced ham, tomatoe sauce a little parmesian and a little mozzarella, im careful with the toppings and can make it for 300 calories for the entire bagel or 150 for half and they can be made and put in the freezer in bulk ahead of time. I usually would eat them for supper, but at 150 cals for half of one that is not bad for a snack :)
    Dee
  • nomoreFA
    nomoreFA Posts: 40
    Options
    This is what I eat for snacks at school:

Celery with laughing cow cheese or almond butter
    hard boiled egg
    rice cake with almond or peanut butter
    Fiber One bars
    Pure Protein bars
    Sugar free pudding or jello
    100 calorie pack of cocoa flavored almonds
    carrots and dip (plain Greek yogurt with a package of Hidden Valley ranch mixed)

Our school starts on Monday too. Have a great year!
  • hwaltonart
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm a teacher going back to work on Monday. I find it really difficult to eat healthily during term time and am looking for likeminded people to help keep me on track! I work in a girls school so there is always cake around that is really difficult to say no to!!!

Thanks,

Hannah