Low Carb Friends

Options
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for some friends who will support and encourage me on my low carb journey. I have PCOS so in turn I cannot process carbs :( (too bad I liked carbs too!). I have just a little under 200 lbs left to lose and would love to have some supporters, in turn I will support you in whatever path you choose =)

Toodles!

Kristen :)

Replies

• LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I have PCOS as well and I am doing the South Beach diet. I originally had 135 pounds to lose when I first started, I have lost 51 pounds so far. I am shooting for 180 for my goal weight as of right now. It is a struggle to lose weight while having PCOS but it can be done.
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss this far!! that is fantastic! I plan on looking into the South Beach diet as soon as I get home tonight. I'm very interested, as you also have PCOS and obviously have has fantastic success! Keep it up!
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I had a doctor put me on it several years ago and I did great then. But then started struggling with Psoriatic Arthritis and then injured my knee at work. Needless to say between the injury and depression, I hit my all time weight high. Now I am back on it and more determined to get the weight off. I love the food. You don't ever feel like you are starving. And you don't have to count anything. I find it has worked best for me.
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I"m low carb as well... can't process them either. I'm slowly moving towards a primal/paleo lifestyle...
  • movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I was just thinking of doing low carb, as I am a carboholic and my doctor has advised me to start a low carb plan ASAP. I am happy to support you guys and would welcome motivation as well. I have not started any specific program as I am looking for the right program because this is going to have to be a lifestyle change.

Any suggestions are welcome.
  • katys_workinforit
    katys_workinforit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am working the low carb plan also. I find carbs are my weakness and lead to a slippery slope for me with healthy eating. So off the carbs and on with a healthier lifestyle (including the goal to loose a significant amount of weight). Feel free to add me, I am happy to support you and could use the support as well.
  • operagrrl
    operagrrl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I switched to low carb about 6 months ago and feel SO MUCH BETTER! Intestinal distress went away, I have more energy, and I sleep better. And I was a serious carb addict. I LOVED bread. Like, bread was the best think about pretty much every meal. But if you search for paleo recipes online, you'll find tons of amazing stuff! Some of it follows the thinking that low carb people don't need to track calories and, therefore, aren't as healthy, while some follow a more traditional view of healthy cooking, but they're all delish!

It's definitely sustainable for life because you're not cutting out carbs, you're cutting out carbs your body can't deal with. All your carbs will come from abundant veg (I eat more carbs than many paleo people because I eat a lot of veg). All your remaining calories come from fat and protein which will fill you up better (once you're off the sugar crash cycle of refined carbs!) and last you twice as long! I'm shocked at how little I eat, now, and how full I stay.

In short, I obviously love eating low carb. Do I miss bread with my brie? No, because green apples are an awesome substitute. Do I miss pancakes? No, because almond flour pancakes are *better.* Do I miss mac and cheese? Well, yes, I actually kinda do, but the benefits of low carb make losing mac n cheese worthwhile. There are so many delish recipes and weightloss!
  • barackobamamama
    Options
    Hey there! I'm following a ketogenic diet, which is very low-carb. Been doing it since March 31st. Feel free to add me!
  • emcupp
    emcupp Posts: 43
    Options
    I have PCOS, and take metformin while on low carb.

It definitely helps when you have PCOS!