Need more support

Options
I joined and started tracking 20 days ago. However, I've only been using my phone app until today. I realized that maybe I need more support and inspiration. I'm a mommy of a beautiful 2 year old girl. I stay at home with her and do daycare out of my home. It's great to be home with her but it also limits my daily exercise and to be honest creates depression sometimes from lack of adult interaction.

I'm extremely short (only 4'11") so, my battles are different than those of somebody much taller. Although, I only weighed 130 pounds when I decided I needed to lose weight, it's a lot for my size and stature. My goal is to get down to 105 maybe 110 at the most and be able to tone what I have.

My trouble spots are my upper arms and of course my mid-section. The toning is going to be the hardest part as I'm already down to 114 at my last weigh in.

I'm just looking for support, ideas on how to tone up the areas that need done and maybe make a few new friends.

-Tiffany

Replies

• shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • BettingOnAlice101
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss so far! I am 4'9" so I completely understand the added challenge in weight loss. I am also a full-time mother who has just started here. I'm hoping to get TO 130 pounds right now so I'm really amazed at your success so far. keep it up!! :D
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish.:smile:
  • daisylilyrose
    daisylilyrose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im a mam of 3 girls, feel free to add me
  • stephfranke
    stephfranke Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I've only been here for a month or so... be happy to be added to the friends list!
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome. Have you tried toning bands or something of that nature to add to your work out. Also if you can do the Walk Away the Pounds series. They have some dvd's with the toning bands included. I love the series because you don't have to do all the miles if you don't have time to. Sometimes I only have time for 15 minutes which is 1 mile, but it's a great cardio work out.
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi

The problem is when trying to lose fat is that its more or less impossible to isolate it. You need to strength train (weights) to increase your metabolism and by doing so you will create a burn that will shed the fat off.

Hope that makes sense.
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome. Have you tried toning bands or something of that nature to add to your work out. Also if you can do the Walk Away the Pounds series. They have some dvd's with the toning bands included. I love the series because you don't have to do all the miles if you don't have time to. Sometimes I only have time for 15 minutes which is 1 mile, but it's a great cardio work out.

I love Leslie Sansone! It is the easiest workout to follow and feel like you are actually getting something out of it! I highly recommend this to anyone who is either crunched for time, not wanting to spend alot of money for a gym membership, or just starting a workout routine.
  • KStyleFitness
    KStyleFitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Get your hands on P90X if you can for toning. You will seriously find the toning you need and drop the last few pounds. The workouts are long and some are tough, but stick with it and you will get the results.
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!

This is a great place for support and motivation. The people here are amazing and will help you with anything. I am in the short boat as well. I am 5'2 on a good day so I feel your pain! Feel free to add me if need some support!!!

Good luck!:smile:

Ps. I have a 2 yr old boy so I'm also looking that baby weight!!!
  • lisa91263
    Options
    Yoa is great for Toning and you can break it up into 10 minute increments while the little ones are napping. You can get a dvd or find videos on you tube
  • ktbrett22
    ktbrett22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I find that the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels is really good for toning. I noticed a difference in about 5 days, in particular on my arms, stomach and thighs, i.e. my problem areas! I got the DVD from play, it was really cheap. Hope that helps!
  • WhatAgirl_
    WhatAgirl_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 from Canada trying to lose 30 more pounds feel free to add me :)
  • KALEIDOSCOPExEYES
    Options
    feel free to add me - im looking for support as well so we could help each other out.
    I'm also wanting to get toned!
    i'm not sure what exercise to start with though.. so i surely need help with that.
  • jenborn0730
    Options
    would love to join you in your journey - feel free to add me!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I stay at home with her and do daycare out of my home. It's great to be home with her but it also limits my daily exercise a

small children make great weights! not even kidding. and they just think you are playing with them. If you feel you don't have time to do a formal workout, you can come up with creative ways of playing.
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Jackie Werner has quick focused workout Dvds that are excellent!
  • xtiffvicious
    Options
    Hi

The problem is when trying to lose fat is that its more or less impossible to isolate it. You need to strength train (weights) to increase your metabolism and by doing so you will create a burn that will shed the fat off.

Hope that makes sense.

That makes perfect sense. I'm planning on getting some small weights to start with. I have a certain time frame that I'm working with and I know that I can get where I want to be if I set my mind to it!
  • xtiffvicious
    Options
    small children make great weights! not even kidding. and they just think you are playing with them. If you feel you don't have time to do a formal workout, you can come up with creative ways of playing.

She weighs 30 pounds and believe me, I know it when I pick her up and such! She's a workout by herself. Just not enough of a workout to get quality results!