I am Finally Ready

Options
Hello my name is Reina. I am 28 years old and this has to be the year for change. I am giving it all I got this year to finally make the healthy changes I need to live. I really like that this program is easy to access from my cell phone and that you have the support of others who are trying for the same goal. I have just begun this journey on Monday and am not going so hot. I got a gym membership on Saturday and have gone twice (which is good) but I am really struggling with getting the food part in check. :smile:

Replies

• jdramage
    Options
    Congrats Reina! Everyone here is very supportive so I'm sure you'll find success. You'll quickly learn about the foods you choose to eat and the term "moderation" will become a large part of your vocabulary. MFP has been a big eye-opener for me when I started examing what I was putting in my mouth. Now, I've learned a lot of tricks and I strive to find foods that are healthy and that fill me up... believe me, they exist. Good luck to you :)
  • reinarobles
    reinarobles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support and the good info.:smile:
  • Gidget86
    Options
    Welcome Reina! This site is a great tool, I just started this month and have found great support and inspiration here.
    the food journal is key for me the one here is fast and very complete...

Good luck and keep in touch

Gidget
  • MrBinkerton
    Options
    WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK!!! You can do anything you set your mind too!! Just remember .... take it one day at a time!!! Best to you on your journey!!
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Dont worry, for the first couple of weeks I was still eating KFC and Chic-fil-a, but after I started inputting what I ate daily into the database I realized how much fat and calories I was actually eating! I didnt realize some of this stuff was so bad for me. Plus when you start working out and seeing results you will not want to eat bad anyway because then you'd be afraid to mess up your progress.

Best of luck
  • phollywood8785
    Options
    Hey!

Just stick to it and you will do great! I myself never knew how so much food i was eating was soo bad, I started updating my food diary and I was shocked!!!

hint:: chew extra gum it really helps for snack cravings!

GOOD LUCK!:smile:
  • reinarobles
    reinarobles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind and positive words. I will have to use the food diary no matter what I eat. I feel very positive about this!!!