Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Drop 1 Dress or Waist size- September Challenge

Replies

• steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    I'm in! Just added weight training to my routine so I think this is good!
  • xolikh
    xolikh Posts: 1
    Count me in... This challenge is what i need
  • Les9800
    Les9800 Posts: 1
    I'd like to join! I have a gym membership and can also work out from home. Thanks Herb!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    I think I may like to try this as well, except I never wear dresses so I'd like to drop a pants size. My current jeans are already loosening up around the legs and waist so it's possible! No gym membership but there is a small exercise room at my apartment complex with a treadmill, bike, weight set and stairmaster. I'm currently at a 30W, so I hope to be able to fit in my size 28W jeans by the end of September!
  • Count me in too!!

I have a gym membership and also work out from home.
  • I want to participate in the challenge.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I will open the group to 100 but I really could use some help from 2 people to keep everyone on track.

Any volunteers?

Herb
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Looking for 10 committed people ready to take their fitness to the next level. The goal is simple, lose 1 dress or waist size by September 30. The challenge starts on September 1.

10? There are like 5000 wanting to join :noway: Does that mean there is no room? :grumble: :laugh:
    Gym membership - Yes
    Work out from home - Yes (on day 3 of 30DS)
    Dress/pants size - 16
  • CaraJoy18
    CaraJoy18 Posts: 1 Member
    Is it too late to join? I just started tracking my food intake. I gained 8lbs on my honeymoon and my pants are all too tight, so I want to fix that! I'm working out with a trainer 1x a week, going to the gym on my own another 3xs a week (that's my goal, anyway) - focused on lifting (Olympic and Standard). I also get in a 30min walk 3xs a week due to my commute into work. My main problem is that I eat too much!!!
  • Nanamo2012
    Nanamo2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Me,me,me,me Please. i Have unopened JM dvd pack and a elliptical trainer which i have used.!!!!
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    100 people I hope there is still room. I have arthritis bad in my knees and only work out at home, but would like to give this a shot.
    count me in.
  • Jess7170
    Jess7170 Posts: 62 Member
    I will open the group to 100 but I really could use some help from 2 people to keep everyone on track.

Any volunteers?

Herb

What sort of help are you looking for? I am fantastic at cheering people on and supporting them emotionally... databases and spreadsheets make me run (away!).
  • ellieptical
    ellieptical Posts: 12 Member
    I'd love to try this too. I have M.E. so I'm not always able to exercise a lot but I have the Wii Fit at home, and Zumba. Would very much like to try and get into my size 14s again.
  • JudyNader
    JudyNader Posts: 7 Member
    I want in. I'll use my waist measurement as my goal. I'm thinking one inch minimum. Thoughts please. Is it realistic to up that and set my goal to lose 2 inches in one month? I'm talking at my belly button, not up higher where I'm thinner (closer to my ribs). I've got a lot more extra fluff around my belly button.
  • Marathon2014
    Marathon2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Count me in :happy:

I have gym membership and work out from home.
    Dress size 16.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Yes. We start Sept 1. I will form a group tonight and contact everyone. I am so excited about our group.

How many people have gym membership?

How many people exercise from home?

Herb

I workout at home with dvds, bike, walking, calisthenics and daily challenges. waist size 37 inches loosely .....
  • christou84
    christou84 Posts: 79 Member
    Count me in!!
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    I think I can handle this challenge. :)

I have a gym membership that I try to use often and I also do 30DS from home but just started that!

Game On!!

edited: Dress size 16
  • Tamisha15
    Tamisha15 Posts: 83 Member
    I'm in!! I don't have a gym membership but I take Zumba (toning) twice a week, Spin once a week at my local Rec and I do a boot camp Saturday mornings. I will be increasing my workouts to 4 days a week at the Rec and still attending my boot camp.

Thanks for this challenge!!!!
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    It looks like you've got more than 10, but I would love to try this, too. I need something to get me back into the swing of things, and this could be a very good motivator.
    I am running 2-3 miles at least 3 times per week and am wanting to start my p90x now that we have gotten moved in to our new house. And, I am running a 5k at the end of september and another at the end of october...