"Let them eat cake"

Options
I took my little boy to a birthday party today. When it came time for cake and ice cream, I was asked if wanted some. For the first time ever I said no thank you to cake and ice cream. I am feeling so good right now.

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I would have eaten it. I love cake and ice cream.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    So do I but always saying yes to sweets is one of the reasons I need to lose almost 70 lbs..
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    You already know what cake & icecream taste like ..... and don't have to eat stuff just because it's offered ..... you did fine :smile:
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :happy:
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Good job. You control food and not the other way around.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    So do I but always saying yes to sweets is one of the reasons I need to lose almost 70 lbs..

You did well by not eating it. I am a true junk food junkie though. Especially cake and ice cream. As a matter of fact, I eat ice cream every night. I have 12 different varieties in my freezer right now. Of course, now I buy the EDYs slow churned with half the calories and measure them strictly.
  • Anastasiasosa
    Anastasiasosa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good job! I knew I was doing something right when I made my hubby's birthday cake and made some banana chocolate muffins so I would eat something sweet but stay within my calorie range. I still smile thinking about NOT eating that cake :)
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, great work! That is what it takes to change, keep it up!!!
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    great job! its little things like this that equal big body changes!
  • JessMySize
    JessMySize Posts: 130
    Options
    You already know what cake & icecream taste like ..... and don't have to eat stuff just because it's offered ..... you did fine :smile:

Lovely! This is short and inspirational!!
  • AVinmill
    AVinmill Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    yup, we have monthly birthday celebrations at work. It's great when you can resist the temptation.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I remember the first time I said no to birthday cake. I was over the moon! The good news is I then went on to say no to dozens and dozens of birthday cakes. The first one is always the hardest :)
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Congratulations: that one good decision put you closer to your goal.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I would have eaten it. I love cake and ice cream.

bump^^ lol.. i woulda had some.. but small piece.. but if there was pizza before that too.. i prob woulda had the pizza vs the cake.. depending... LOL
    good job though...if you dont have it in your cals to spare and or you think you woulda had too much... or just that you COULD say no.. is like a victory! :drinker:
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    It's great to select when and what you eat. It's ok to eat cake and ice cream. It's ok not to eat them. It's best when you decide. Good job!
  • KellyAlyssa84
    Options
    It's great to select when and what you eat. It's ok to eat cake and ice cream. It's ok not to eat them. It's best when you decide. Good job!

Yes!
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! congrats on your restraint :flowerforyou:

I know it is hard, but it will be worth it in the end! I agree with some of the other posters...if you decided you wanted to splurge a little that day and have a small piece, that would have been fine too but you decided you didn't want to and stuck to your guns and that is what is important!
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Congrats...way to go!! Its such a rewarding feeling when you know that food no longer controls you!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Go you!!! Way to be strong!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Personally if I knew it was a party, I would have comped for the calories. But that's just me. I'll always eat cake and ice cream, but I do know how to portion it so it I don't overdo it.
    I teach clients that life is about enjoying it and you can do it with discipline. It takes time to learn how to do it, but moderation seems to win over abstinence.
    That said, congrats on restraining.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!