Has anyone used the Fitness Pal FITBIT?

Options
I had been using my phone exclusively for my tracking - but when using the computer yesterday, I saw their fitbit thing - looks like pedometer on steroids! Just curious!

Replies

• Fuzzy62bear
    Fuzzy62bear Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I purchased my fitbit last month, and it has made the difference for me. It tracks everything in real time and allows you to know exactly what areas need tweeking. The fitbit can be used in partnership with my fitness pal to aide in reaching my goals:happy: . The fitbit has helped me to know, in real time, my activity level, how well I'm sleeping, steps taken, miles completed, etc. In addition, when you have reached one of your goals, it gives you achievement badges and tells you how good of an job you're doing. It's worth it. I've been able to remain on task with both fitness and nutrition since I've partnered the two apps.......going on week four. Again, the fitbit is worth it. I don't know what I would do without it now. Good Luck.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Just got one last week ... still in my first week of tracking everything. I have to say it pushes me to go the extra mile. I want to see all my goals met each day. So far I love it!
  • Bandie77
    Bandie77 Posts: 11
    Options
    I love my Fitbit.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Luv it!

It motivates you to get up and move, BIG TIME!

I also bought one for my wife and daughter. They love it. I'm trying to talk my mom into letting me get one for her......but she resists anything that would require a behavior change (e.g. diet & exercise), even if it would make her last days more tolerable.
  • MJLPAA
    MJLPAA Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit! It does keep you honest about the amount of exercise you are getting....or not getting. I like that it monitors your sleep patterns, keeps track of your steps & stairs. It serves as a 24/7 reminder that I am making positive changes in my life and helps me stay on track! I would purchase another in a heartbeat!
  • ejm234
    ejm234 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've had a fitbit for about 3 months now, and my average steps per day has gone WAAY up once I realized what a big difference a few steps can make.

I'd say its an excellent investment in your health, no matter your goals.
  • Wilson929
    Wilson929 Posts: 100
    Options
    Love mine too. I wear it every day, all day long. Love that I no longer have to guess on the cals. burned during a cardio workout ! That little thing really gives me the motivation to get my rear in gear. It's a mini challange against myself to do more steps and burn more cals.
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It's a good "toy" but you can get the same info with a Sportline 308 that I found on amazon for $13. It shows you your steps, cals, miles, speed, and time. It does not sync with MFP but does motivate you also. I try to make sure I get in over 10,000 steps a day and have even done more than 20,000. I also have the Polar FT4 HRM which I really like it makes me try hard to exercise and get in the "zone". Raise your heart level. It was about $70. Using the two items together really gets me motivated. I was walking everyday and thought I was doing good but the HRM makes to walk faster and swing arms more to get into that zone. I have even started carrying a couple small weights to get there. It has all helped. Good luck in what you decide.
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump to see more reviews. have been thinking of buying one myself but didn't know if it was worth it. i wear a heart rate monitor during my exercises so it would be just for my other daily activities.

i just haven't made my mind up if i want one or not. wish i could try it for a couple days.
  • tessiscruisen
    tessiscruisen Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one for myself and my best friend (we are both working toward weightloss goals). Glad to see several positive reviews, would love to know more about how it measures sleep patterns (which, believe it or not is pivotal in weightloss and reducing stress). Any info would be greatly appreciated!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I have an HRM and a fitbit. I use my HRM whenever I go out running, work outside, etc, to keep track of my burned calories. But I also wear my fitbit everyday. It gives me that extra motivation that I need to move more!

If you don't have one, GET ONE! IMO, It's worth every dime, just like an HRM!
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Love mine! Changed everything and now I am addicted. According to fitbit I was moving more during the day than my actual sedentary settings. So it adds calories back in for me to eat. Sometimes it is only 150 but hey! I will take it. I was nervous at first eating back my fitbit calories. But it worked. I never gained weight and have actually lost more since I started using fitbit. I think the biggest motivation is that to be considered active you need 10,000 steps in a day. When I am done for the day and look at fitbit and it says I have 9,456 steps I have actually walked laps around my house to get me to 10,000. So it does motivate you to be more active. Love that it syncs with MFP.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is an entirely separate company from MFP, but the FB is compatible with many different fitness sites.

I love my FB!
  • TeresaOH1
    TeresaOH1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump to see more reviews. have been thinking of buying one myself but didn't know if it was worth it. i wear a heart rate monitor during my exercises so it would be just for my other daily activities.

i just haven't made my mind up if i want one or not. wish i could try it for a couple days.

I would like that too!!! I have a pedometer in my ipod - but I seem to forget it a lot! It looks like a lot of happy customers!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to mine - I've gone from 2500 steps a day to 8000+ and have exceed 20000 some days

You have to know its limitations or you might be disapointed - for exercise it only tracks walking and running well - but it does track your non-training activity well e.g. just wandering around or sitting doing nothing. You need to overide manually other exercise - but it does allow for that very nicely, Ideally your use an HRM for capturing things like cycling, aerobicsc, etc.

It syncs all the calorie deficit to its own website and to MFP, that alone is worth the $ - a cheap pedometers requires you to manually enter all the data - I have 3 pedometers sitting unused for that reason.

A bonus for me is it captures stair climbs, I've been trying to do that manually for a year and failed. Now I generally climb 20 flights a day and maxed out over 50.
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have FitBits in the mail- they should be here tomorrow. His mom has been using it with incredible success. I'm excited because it seems like a more accurate way to count calories burned. I'd like to know how many calories I burn on days when I work my sedentary job, but do shopping, cleaning, cooking, and laundry after work.
  • lorellen
    Options
    I got my fitbit before I started myfitness pal. I just synched them last week and am loving it! I "earn" extra calories the more I move so I am moving more! The only draw back with fitbit is that if you are driving on a bumpy road or a riding lawn mower - it measures steps that you haven't really taken. Other than that - it's a great tool!