• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    *opens diary*

*digs out eyeballs*
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My mother doesn't have hypothyroidism but had an issue with her thyroid that affects her weight loss. I was having similar symptoms and had everything checked. I was doing weight training and cardio and lost 3lbs in 6 months time...no change, always within my calories. I had bloodwork, my thryoid checked....everything was normal. So, definitely get checked out first and foremost and if those come back clean, you may want to look into V02 and Metabolic testing. That's what I ended up getting done. Turns out it was just my heart rate and calories that were off. I needed an EXACT number that was mine...not some calculation...and turns out I was working out too hard. My anaerobic threshold was much lower than others due to allergies/not breathing well enough to get enough oxygen intake during workouts. 43lbs later in 6 1/2 months, best thing I ever did.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, and I have done some of the beachbody programs and you are netting about 1000 calories.. I am sure the nutrition guide for insanity has you eating 1500 or more calories.. may want to eat more to break your plateau or take a physical and diet break for a week.
    I was going to say this very same thing. Saw your response and good for you for taking the advice! Just to let you know, you may see a slight increase on the scale very short term when you first increase your cals, but after a few weeks it should start going in the direction you want as your body realizes it's getting more fuel and can then let go of it's fat stores. I definitely think that's the biggest hurdle, but also recommend getting with your dr about the thyroid problem just in case. Good luck!
    how do i open up that option?? i was interested in doing that!! but i'm still a newbie to this site it seems lol. and yeah, carbs are my complete and total weakness :( i'll try and lower them and replace with more protein
    My Home > Settings > Diary Settings. Select what you want from the drop boxes under Nutrients Tracked and save :smile:
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I would start from the beginning... what is your BMR and TDEE?
    Then go from there. Your eating is way up and way down... not really consistant...
    If you are new, maybe you need to go to the Newbies section and see how to calculate your numbers and then start from there.
    You might want to try using the instructions in this google drive folder. There is one for getting started by HelloitsDan, and a calories calculator to help figure out what your caloric intake should be....
    https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B3kFzsaVmRjmd1k4YjA1SlVWaFU/edit

There are plenty of folks on MFP that will help you figure this stuff out, but you gotta be willing to take the suggestions...
    Good Luck and if you need any help figuring numbers out, let me know!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    150-300 grams/day – Steady, Insidious Weight Gain

Continued higher insulin-stimulating effect prevents efficient fat burning and contributes to widespread chronic disease conditions. This range – irresponsibly recommended by the USDA and other diet authorities – can lead to the statistical US average gain of 1.5 pounds of fat per year for forty years.

This makes me glad I'm not part of U.S. statistics any longer. I eat 200-280g of carbs per day and am losing weight (no idea if it's fat) and my only health problem is pre-hypertension/high BP.

OP: I say you're not eating enough to balance out your exercising.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I didn't see any water logged in your diary. Are you drinking water?
  • fuelingit
    Options
    i drink about 6-8 591mL bottles of water a day. i've never bothered to track it because i know i drink enough everyday lol. the scale budged finally, so somethings working. thanks for the help guys