What time do you exercise?

Options
i find midday works best for me. when i was working for a company though i would do it after work.

Replies

• linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I like working out midday as well. I work 4 10 hour shifts though, so on my weekday off I usually hit the gym about 1 or so. On Mondays I go right after work (about 6) since that's my late day at work and I already have someone picking up my daughter, so I use that time to work out.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can, though my body seems to respond best to morning workouts.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think my body performs best mid morning for cardio exercise and late morning for strength training. But since life interferes with that I end up working out early morning some days, at lunch some days, and in the evening some days.

This week my schedule is ab ripper Mon, Wed, and Fri AM before work.

Run Mon (6.5 miles) and Tues (5) evening after work, Thurs and Fri at lunch (4 miles each) and Sunday AM (12-14 miles).

Wednesday and Friday evening will be P90X, Chest/back tonight and shoulders/arms Friday.

Next week I'll run Monday morning (4), Wednesday and Thursday after work (6-8), then long Saturday morning (15).
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    lately, I've been doing split days, i.e. 2 a days. Before work I do a "dog" run where I take my dogs (individually) to the park and run them 3-4 days a week. The 2nd after work for a little more cardio and weights - alternating upper and lower body 5-6 days a week.
  • xprincessxjanetx
    Options
    I do mine in the evening after dinner. If i don't exercise after dinner no matter how much i have already done that day i either maintain or gain =/
  • jaybear31
    jaybear31 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I exercise in the morning before work. It helps me wake up, sets a healthy tone for the rest of the day, and I get it over with early on so I don't have to think about it anymore!
  • LupaNera
    LupaNera Posts: 170
    Options
    Usually late evening. And sometimes Saturday morning. Unfortunately i depend on my krav maga classes...
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I do it right after work (I give myself no excuses) so it's generally early evening for me.
  • jencooks
    jencooks Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    5:20am M-Sat... and it's HARD to get up. Once I start though, I'm okay.
    I am doing power 90, and if I don't get up in the morning, I would find excuses not to exercise. After work, there is a lot going on with dinner, dishes, 2 kids, soccer/baseball practice, spend some time with my hubby, cleaning, laundry, etc... I would like to get to bed at 10, but it's usually closer to 11.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I do my walk at 5:45 am every other morning. Walk for 1 hour. I get my burn in but then with the fitbit site...I still look like I'm sedentary the rest of the day :(
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    4:30 to 5:45 / 6:00 am M-TH.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    well today I did it at noon..which was too freakin' hot outside..but did it anyhow. :)
  • pricklyvelvet
    pricklyvelvet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    About an hour or so after i wake up, usually as soon as the coffee kicks in and i feel properly awake, although this will change when i start back at uni
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Either 5 or 5:30 in the morning, its the only time I have to myself.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate enough to have a home gym so on weeknights I go home after work, change, and workout immediately so I can relax the rest of the night. On weekends I just workout whenever I have the time.
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    usually night time.. from 8:30pm - 10:00pm or later.. Less people, less waiting for available machines, benches and squat racks. ;)
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Cardio first thing in the morning, yoga or swimming in the evening.

I hate getting up to do cardio, but feel great once I've done it.
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Usually in the mornings 5:45/ 6:00-7:30 AM. If I'm really tired in the morning, I will move it to after work 7:30-9:00ish. I prefer the mornings though because I like that it is down and over with so I can relax
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    mornings when i'm off, after work when i'm not
  • bigoldmac
    bigoldmac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I prefer first thing in the mornings but my children have other ideas! I am just about to go out for a run now, it's 9pm. Before I had my second baby I would get up at 5.30 to do the shred before cycling to work but usually ended up doing housework instead and being haunted by Jillian's disappointed face all day!