77lbs gone, need toning

I started this journey on December 14th 2011, and as Of august 27th I have lost 78 lbs from 273 to 195. I am loving my new body and only have about 20 more that I am concerened with loosing but I have a lot of toning to do and could use some advice of workouts besides squats that will tighten up the loose skin!

Replies

• Well, first off, squats are amazing, and will make your butt and hip area look fantastic. Any healthy toning is going to require weights...

http://www.stumptuous.com/workout-6

That is a good place to start. :)

Congrats on the weight loss, by the way.
  • 30 Day Shred is amazing! I do it with 5 lb weights and have noticed a huge difference with toning all over and I'm only on day 11.
  • Thanks for the advice. Im def going to check out this 30 day shred I have been seeing everywhere! & thanks for the support
  • GRRobson
    GRRobson Posts: 5 Member
    I think the earlier advise is good. I did not need to lose much weight , about 6 kg, however I did want to tone up as opposed to build big muscles. I have 1 personal training session a week and he has been very helpful. A good way to tone up is to do light weight exercises with lots of repetitions and using your core muscles. A lot of the time you can use your own body weight. If you have Vipers, TRX, kettle bells and bosu's at your gym there are lots of exercises that you can do with these to tone up and strengthen your core without using weights. I would book a session with a personal trainer for advice.

Hope it helps and well done on your weight loss it sounds fantastic.