What the heck is P90X?

Options
Could someone please tell me what P90X is? I have heard it mentioned several times but I dont know what it is. Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• jacquelinekrigby
    Options
    P90X is an intense workout video series from beachbody, I have the original Power 90 and Turbo Jam and I love them! They are a little costly but you can search for beachbody online and there are a lot of different workouts availible ~ Jacqueline
  • sportsmomof2
    Options
    Thanks a bunch Jacqueline! I felt really lost for a bit! :laugh:
  • sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It is an intense 90 day video workout. If you go to beachbody.com you can learn more about it. I have done a lot of the videos (but not the actual work out plan) and it is a pretty good work out. I think it is really best for people who are already in shape and wanted to get in better shape. Otherwise I don't think you get enough out of the workouts because the moves are too dificult. Just my opinion though. I like to do them on days when it is too cold and snowy to run outside, which is often here in Wyoming!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,682 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to a P90X video that explains what it's all about:

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/PJilly?bctid=25219321001
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    just started it - it rocks. there is no way i can do all the workouts right now, but some of them are quite achievable. so far, i the plyometric routine is my favorite. you should check it out. tony horton is a cool, goofy kind of guy and he is always careful to state that it's okay if you have to modify your moves. i also have the original power 90 (non-x) and i like them a lot too. highly recommended!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,682 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever heard anybody say Plyometrics was their favorite X workout. I am impressed! :happy:
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have done the first two which are lean and classic and now have moved onto the next set which is much harder and faster. I think I like the first ones better at this point but we shall see. It is done by Tony Horton and it is under beach body. There is also Slim in 6 which is a good workout as well. I have the P90 and I have the firm....the firm is def. more geared for women and the p90 has been great for getting that muscle I so badly needed.
  • BeFit4U
    Options
    I'm 17 days into the Lean version and LOVING it!