I love Broccoli BUT.......

vrdz3215
vrdz3215 Posts: 493
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
It is not kind to my digestive system (If you know what I mean) It is my fav veggie, does anyone have a suggestion on why it would do this to me? I dont want to give up broccoli, but I can't handle the side effects...

Replies

• ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Have you tried cooking it longer? I know some people can't eat broccoli raw, but if it's pretty thoroughly cooked, it's okay.

Or beano might help with that.

-Alison
  • Try Beano. It's available in pill and used to be available in drop form in which you'd just put a few drops on your first bite of food.

I counted Weight Watcher's points last year. I know what you mean about the fiber and the effects of it. :-\
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    I LOOOOVVVEEEE broccoli but have found that eating it raw is pretty hard on my stomach. If it's steamed or roasted it's much more easily digested.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    THanks for the advice, I never knew there could be a difference if you cooked it! I love raw broccoli but I guess I will have to give it up or pick up some beano!
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Beano. Seriously -- my husband, mom and sister in law all need it, use it and it works.
This discussion has been closed.