Motivation in a month or so....ANY IDEAS HOW TO STAY MOTIVAT

Options
Hi all -
I am real excited about all of this right now, but as it ALWAYS happens with me, I lose interest in a couple months. I start finding reasons to not work out as much, a reason to eat EVERYTHING in sight and by May I am done. Then come bathing suit season I am crying because I looke ridiculous in a bathing suit.

Any ideas to KEEP the motivation to want to get the weight off and KEEP it off?????

Replies

• mbrownks77
    Options
    I have the exact same problem! My biggest motivator is telling myself that this is for my health, not my looks. I know we all want to look good too but sometimes this helps me.....
  • gpiller
    Options
    Maybe hang your bathing suit up or something you want to fit into really bad somewhere where your going to see it everyday...that way you'll always be reminded of your goal.! It's worth a try...!
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    I think that happens with all of us...the only thing that I am hoping is that the weight loss will motivate me to keep going. ??
  • sallymurph
    sallymurph Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It takes 21 days for something to become a habit. Whatever you do stick to your plan. Add reminders iand inspirational quotes n your calendar for a week and two weeks from now. That usually helps. Good luck!
  • rrlucero
    Options
    This sounds silly, but totally works for me. I print out a calender of the month and tape it to the wall in front of my treadmill. Everyday I work out I put a big red X and a smiley face. Every day I don't (and for this month, there's only been the first 4 days of the month - yay me) I put a big black X with a frown.

For me, it's a numbers game. I'm a numbers person, so if it's down on paper and tangible for me to see it, then it gets lodged in my brain. That's why this site has been really helpful for me these past few weeks, I'm addicted to seeing my numbers and my ticker! I'm now wanting everyday to get home so I can put a big red X on my calender (:
  • RandysHottie
    Options
    GREAT ideas....

I am a visual person myself...I think I will try to calendar with the big red X's......thanks to you all :flowerforyou: