Julian Michael's frontside backside for Beginners

Options
marz42
marz42 Posts: 223 Member
I hear everyone on here talking about 30 day shred and I took a look at the videos and it looks a bit more than I can do yet, (got about 100 +- to lose, lost 18 so far) so I was looking at her other videos and saw the For Beginners ones with Frontside and Backside. They are all on gaiamtv which I've already paid for.

Though I'm not read for shred I want to push myself a bit more than I have been on the strength side. My triceps are particularly weak it would seem and I have a hell of a time with the sort of squats that are like you are going to sit down but don't and your legs are fairly close together. The other kind (which some call squats but may not be) where your legs are wide apart and you squat kind low, I can do decently but the sitting ones I suck at.

Has anyone done these? What do you think? Are you supposed to do one circuit a day, or one front and one back, or all the fronts in a day? It doesn't say, at least not when you look at it on streaming.

Replies

• surabhit
    surabhit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey, I know you say that you can't do 30DS yet, but Jillian does talk about how her exercises are for everyone. Do you think you might want to try just one session of it and see how far you go? You don't have to finish in 30 days, you could do it for 3 months if you want. I just thin kit's really effective, and very motivating! Give it a go. Her videos are on youtube. What's the worst that could happen - you won't do more than one day. Sorry I've not tried the beginners versions so can't answer that.
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't have upper body strength...yet.. but I do the Jillian Michaels Last Chance WorkOut! I think it's great and it has some of the people doing beginner moves so you don't have to struggle with "experts" I just started week 2, and it's great so far! I haven't tried any of her other video's yet, but I hope to get my hands on some!! :) I hope this is helpful!
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Jillian does tell you how to modify the exercises in 30ds for beginners. Like surabhit said, you don't have to finish in 30 days. It is in 3 levels, you are "supposed" to do each level for 10 days, but I see no reason why you couldn't do each one longer, until you felt comfortable moving up to the next level, whether that is in 10 days or 30 day or longer! I have only done her 30ds, so I can't say anything about the beginners videos.
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it either but I do think it is a good idea to go at your own pace and do what feels comfortable. At the same token as far as the 30DS I've been doing it but not consistantly but I am gaining strength. I also do modified version of some of the excercises that I can't do until I can build up to it or do the particular move w/less reps or at a slower pace in the modified version. I say all this to let you know whatever you do, it's YOUR workout plan so do with it as you will no matter how long it takes. You'll get some results regardless. :flowerforyou:
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I liked the beginners dvd when I first started.. I would do either the whole 6 circuits of front or back. That's how its divided on the dvd. Its about 50 mins