Going out Friday night- What is the best alcohol drink for C

Options
ltlhmom
ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
OK my husband and I are planning a night out with friends. This will be the first time I have eaten out where I will have any idea what the calories are and we will also be having drinks. I'm trying to plan ahead. I will be having lighter meals for breakfast and lunch and plan on getting some exercise in during to day to give me some extra calories to use.

I'm looking for drink suggestions. I'm a fruity drink girl with coconut rum but I know the juice will have tons of calories and sugar so I want to try and stay away from the juice. I want to be able to go out, have fun and not totally blow this one day. Any suggestions?

Replies

• spacher89
    Options
    Vodka and Diet is the lowest calorie beverage you can get
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    How about malibu(coconut) rum & diet coke with a wedge of lime? :drinker:
  • rachel512
    rachel512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bacardi and diet coke has 66 calories and no carbs! keep em comin!
  • FightingFit
    Options
    I love to have vodka, fresh lime and soda. Low calories and very freshhhh!
    If you're tough, have it on the rocks. You drink slower, and no mixer drinks to add extra sugar and calories.
    here's a good site with some ideas on calories/drinks.
    http://www.hornetjuice.com/calories-alcohol.html
    Good luck, and have FUN!
  • ranibauer
    Options
    I drink vodka, soda water (not tonic!) and a splash of pineapple, or cran with a lime or orange wedge. The spash gives it just enough without all the calories and sugar. But, if this is your going out night, have fun! Everyone deserves a cheat night :) Actually, I don't drink a lot, and when I go out and have a couple, I seem to lose a pound lol.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I got nothing else... great suggestions already given:bigsmile: . If your a beer girl light beers really aren't too bad cal wise....
    Have FUN!
  • lahlie
    lahlie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Vanilla rum and diet coke....tastes just like a vanilla coke....
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Maybe just limit yourself to one drink that you will really enjoy, and try to cut avoid any heavy dinner dishes (like pasta, etc.). Lots of places have sugar-free syrups/flavors that they can add as well. If you are lightly eating during the day, and adding a workout, I say don't fret, enjoy your evening, and get right back to it the next day! Go dancing while you're out or something--that burns calories too! Have fun!
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    Michelob Ultra if u like beer....thats what i indulge with
  • dumbfox
    dumbfox Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm a Jack and Coke girl, but am slowly becoming a vodka soda splash of cranberry with limes gal.
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you're tough, have it on the rocks. You drink slower, and no mixer drinks to add extra sugar and calories.
    Good luck, and have FUN!

I second the Vodka soda with lime...that is my signature drink......or I just have Grey Goose on the rocks........
    It might be tough for you if you like the fruity stuff....try the Bacardi flavored rums with soda and ask for extra limes!
  • RandysHottie
    Options
    What are the calories in a Mich Ultra?

I like to tie one on once every couple months or so. When I do it, I REALLY DO IT.....I like beer, wine, now starting to like Coconut Rum w/Banana Coloda Fuze @ home.

I am a little spoiled because my husband doesn't drink, so I don't need to use the excuse that I can only have a couple drinks because I am driving...When I am out I like to have probably 6-8 drinks. So anything with less cals the better....RAMBLE, RAMBLE, RAMBLE.....
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    1) Sugar-free jello shots with flavored vodka
    2) Diet tonic with gin or vodka with a lime
    3) Be the designated driver....LOL
    4) Burn enough calories for any extra drinks that put you out of range
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    fresca and vodka
  • disgustipated
    disgustipated Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    sugar free mojito.
  • larag
    larag Posts: 1
    Options
    how do you add the alcohol calorie count to my calorie intake summary?
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    Unsweetened red wine. Or champange Brut (unsweetened)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    The good news is, if you have been mostly avoiding alcohol recently, you will probably get quite a buzz off of one drink! My boyfriend took me out for a fancy dinner about a month ago. I hadn't had a drink for a couple of months at that point and I got kinda tipsy on HALF a glass of white wine!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    how do you add the alcohol calorie count to my calorie intake summary?

Find the alcohol and add it in. If it isn't in the database you can correct it if you know the information. Is that what you are asking?
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and have FUN!

I second the Vodka soda with lime...that is my signature drink......or I just have Grey Goose on the rocks........
    It might be tough for you if you like the fruity stuff....try the Bacardi flavored rums with soda and ask for extra limes!

This is what I drink too! I do lemon instead of lime. If I'm in the mood for something fruity, this is the perfect drink to convert with just a tiny splash of juice.