I'm 55 and new here. Excited!

Options
Hi all,
I'm so glad to have found this. I'm feeling very motivated now. Would love to lose about 15 or 20 pounds. Any other women here in my age range? Would love to connect and motivate each other.
Pam

Replies

• AliMariesDad
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great site. Even though I'm not a woman or in your age group (though I'm working on getting to my 50's), I can't wait to hear your success story. Good luck!
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm male, but in your age range. I have been at this for about 5 weeks and find the message board entertaining, but the real heart of this is logging your food intake as well as recording your exercise. I'll certainly "friend" you and provide some online support.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 55 as well, and have currently lost 22 lbs. I've found it to be much harder to lose now than when I was younger but so much more important. I am feeling much better. I do Zumba 2x/week, strength train 2-3x/week and run 3x/week. it took a little while to work up to all that without being exhausted. I start training for a half marathon next week, and I'm really anxious about that. Never done one, never wanted to. Have been really happy with 5Ks, but DH is doing them and I cannot let him do something I cannot. If he mentions going for a marathon though I'm breaking his legs - LOL. Welcome. Feel free to add me as friend, but please send a message so I know it's you.
  • SteevzGirl
    SteevzGirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 54, also new to the site, ideally want to lose 60-65 lbs. I find doing the food diary is very helpful in keeping me focused on making better choices. I love the fact that it automatically tracks the calories for me! I have found over the years that I have the best success by making small, liveable changes that translate to a healthier lifestyle that I can maintain. I'm down abt 50 lbs from my heaviest and have kept it off for a number of years, but need some inspiration to take the next step. I seem to struggle more with exercise than food, so I would especially welcome encouragement in that area. I'm excited, too. It's nice to feel a part of a supportive health-focused community. Nice to meet you!
  • helper3
    helper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Im 52 :) I will send you a fr
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi..welcome I'm a little older..62 and love the support and motivation on this site. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • LindaS2012
    Options
    Hi, I'm 50, feel free to send me a friend request.