Slowly but surely! Before/After Pix*

Options
Starting Weight: 156
Current Weight: 139
Height: 5ft 6in

I'm 27 years old and started my weight loss at 156 pounds. That may not seem very heavy to a lot pf people but I've ALWAYS been athletic and in shape since high school. Once I graduated college and got a big girl job sitting behind a desk all day, my life style went from very active to very sedentary.

I didn't realize I was eating near to 2500 calories a day and not exercising I was slowly gaining weight. Soon my clothes got very tight and NONE of my jeans fit anymore. This got very discouraging because I refused to go and by a new wardrobe. I've never been self conscious about my image but once I started seeing those double chins in nearly every photo I took it got to me!

I took a Nutrition class earlier this year. This class changed my life! I put my foot down. I started counting calories. Cut out the junk food, fatty snacks and sodas. (My weaknesses are still chips and Dr.Pepper! I do have them every now and then! Moderation!) I dropped 8 pounds like that just watching what I ate and controlling portion size.

The first 10 pounds was easy. The next 10, not so much. I hardly have time to exercise because I work full time and go to school part time. So I have to make time to exercise. I fit in about 3 days weeks, 30-40 min sessions, and the weight is still coming off and I'm building my muscles back up.

My goals now are to stay fit, keep exercising, eat healthy (with my chips and Dr. Pepper every now and again!) and burn that fat! I've gotten to the point where it's so easy now to refuse sweets, junk food and those nasty processed foods because it's not worth putting the weight back on. Moderation is key! Portion control is key!

Weight loss and staying fit and healthy is a complete life style change!! You have to commit for the rest of your life! There are no quick results! Whether your staring point is 250 lbs or 150 lbs anyone can do this! You have to stay committed and tell your self I can do this and don't get discouraged!

weightLoss.jpg

AugustWeightLoss1.jpg

20083660.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Firstly, congratulations on your success!!

secondly, u just need to change the IMG in your pic links to lower case and the pics will work :) Looking forward to seeing them as you're my height and you've reached my goal!! woohoo!! :drinker:
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Fixed your images for you. Awesome work! You look great.

x5nhpe.jpg

2dahcw5.jpg
  • Maudy16
    Maudy16 Posts: 36
    Options
    Congrats and keep it up - you look really good and healthy.

I started at 168 and lost 17lbs so far just by counting calories which I have never had to do before and going from practically no excercise to a full on 5-6 times a week.

:drinker:
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    you look sooo good! I'm the same height and currently at 144. You're completely right about it being a lifestyle change! Your body is a direct reflection of what you're putting into it, and changing your habits for 30 days will not sustain your goals, it has to be a permanent change :) great job!
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! You look absolutely gorgeous and healthy!
  • futurestarz
    Options
    x5nhpe.jpg

2dahcw5.jpg
  • futurestarz
    Options
    good job! you look great!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats.
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look fantastic! You are the same height as I am. My starting weight in Oct. 2011 was 160 and it's been slow but I have finally reached 138 as of this morning. I still have a ways to go but I will eventually get there. Like you I find it so easy these days to turn down the bad stuff and for the most part not even tempted by them since I cleaned up my diet.
  • emdiamond39
    emdiamond39 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Got the images fixed by the time everyone posted! :happy: Glad to hear there are other people going in the same direction. My weight loss is by no means extreme! Just looking to stay fit and healthy to live a long life!
  • owski17
    owski17 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fit and healthy. Amazing the difference 17 lbs made.

I completely agree with you that anyone can do it, and that it is a lifetime change that needs to be made. Being fit is a marathon, not a sprint. It took me years to pack on the weight, so I'm not trying to drop my weight fast. I'm trying to drop it forever by being realistic about the amount of exercise I've added and the amount of food I eat. So far, this has been the easiest weight loss I've achieved and I feel really good about maintaining after I reach my goal.
  • Jenichelle
    Jenichelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!!! You look great! :)
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You're right, you didn't have A LOT of weight to lose, but your pictures say it all. Especially the side by side of last year to this year. What a huge difference! I appreciate you explaining how it's possible to lose weight even when you don't have much time to exercise or focus on your weight. Eating has sooooo much to do with it! So many people try to use this as an excuse, but not you. Nice job and thanks for sharing!
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!