5'4" 150lb looking to get to 130lb

Options
I haven't been this weight since age 13, and since I am turning 31 (and my boyfriend of 6 years split with me), this is is my goal. I want to be the best me I can be, but I really need help. Any advice or suggestions or encouragement very appreciated :)

So inspired by people's success on here!

Replies

• bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey there and welcome to MFC! My starting weight was close to yours! :) Good luck on your weight loss journey! You can do it! :)
  • para999sal
    Options
    You can do it.
    We all support each other.
    Best of luck.:drinker:
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Cardio! Cardio! Cardio!

Personally I do a lot of jogging and biking. Lost 25 lbs in 6 months. What works for me is putting myself on a “goal” system. Basically I would have a goal that I needed to reach. It is in my personality that if I set a goal I do everything I can to MEET that goal. One of my goals was to do a half marathon so I downloaded a training schedule and I stuck with it. I competed in a half marathon in 2009 but before that, if you told me to run 13.1 miles I would tell you that you are crazy. And trust me, if you train for a half marathon (regardless if you plan on actually competing in one) you WILL lose weight. During my training I was eating 2k to 3k calories a day but I was still losing weight.

These days I am down to a reasonable 1500 calories a day and only doing about 3 to 5 miles every other day. Basically I am just in maintenance mode now.
  • abercrew88
    abercrew88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations! What are you doing to be so successful?
  • abercrew88
    abercrew88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ahh I should mention this is going to be pretty diet driven --- I am in physical therapy for a hip alignment problem so impact cardio is out/forbidden. :(
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    ahh I should mention this is going to be pretty diet driven --- I am in physical therapy for a hip alignment problem so impact cardio is out/forbidden. :(

Oh..how about swimming?
  • evereadysmile
    Options

Ask your PT about stationary rowing. I have pretty nasty shoulder damage and some hip problems and I've been rowing every day for a couple months while undergoing physical therapy.