bad day. . .

Options
My day started out good with a healthy meal low in calories. Then my husband I went grocery shopping and we both knew that by the time we got home and put the groceries away that neither of us would feel like cooking so we decided to get something to eat on the way home. I figured that since I had only had 290 cals for the whole day so far that picking up something wouldnt be so bad. But once I finished my meal (yes, it was fast food) and logged it into my diary I learned that the meal was more calories than the amount Im allowed in a whole day!! (Im allowed 1200). Also, it is more than my BMR. So does this mean I completly undid everything good I have done? Will I gain weight from this one really stupid mistake? I know now that fast food is a huge 'no no' no matter what! How can I undo what I eaten without taking the purging road. I definitly dont want to get into that situation

Replies

• stahlight
    stahlight Posts: 119
    Options
    nope, you didnt undo everything

if you've been consistant near 1200, your body wont even digest most of the excess... so just continue as if nothing happened... small bump in a long road... keep it up :)
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    get back on track tomorrow..... It'll all be fine!! :)
    If you feel really bad....grab hubby & go for a walk!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    work it out if u can honey! remember u get exercise cals and thats the beauty of it! go for a 20 minute walk, put on some music and dance, just get moving~! burn those calories honey!
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day! Good thing we get re-do's, huh? LOL! Seriously though, you didn't undo everything you've already accomplished. You could either workout to burn off some of the extra calories or workout really hard tomorrow! It's good that you realize that fast food is NOT a good idea. So just pick up tomorrow and start over again. You won't gain weight from one bad meal, just get back on track quickly. :-)
  • jeffreyrashad
    Options
    BURN THEM!!!!! it'll be your little secret after that.
  • mctipton
    Options
    Hi! I know you probably feel horrible like you "cheated". It's OK! We've all done it! :) It's so important to keep your healthy snacks on you and make sure to eat them throughout the day, b/c when you're out they REALLY help curb your appetite so you don't end up splurging too much. If you absolutely MUST go get some fast food I recommend getting Taco Bell. The #1 (Beef Burrito Supreme w/ a hard taco supreme) and diet soda is 580 calories. It's a "lower calorie" way to get yourself some fast food. Oh...and never go to the grocery store hungry (I make that mistake all the time)! ;)

Don't beat yourself up too much. Like the other posts said...work some of it off and write some of it off! Keep moving forward! :) Good luck on your journey!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    One day of over eating is not going to undo your hard work. Don't sweat it! Just forget it and wake up ready to start over tomorrow. Fast food can really sneak up on you if your not careful. However fast food is not evil! With careful planning and knowing the menus you can put together healthier meals even at fast food places. Its all in the choices you make. For me no food is evil in moderation that way I am never deprived of any food but I still have success with weightloss and I never have cravings.