single mum exercises?

Options
Helloooo

I am a single mum of a two (nearly three) year old. I need to exercise when she is asleep in the evening. I have an exercise bike & lots of books with toning exercises and Dvds. I just cant find the motivation to do it when I just want to laze on the sofa! Anyone else feel like this? x

Replies

• Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I used to... You just have to find the motivation to get up and exercise... And for me, it was just last Friday that I realized how bad it was: I saw a pic of me and it was horrible... :( So there... Find your motivation and you'll need "no help" in order to exercise!! :D

Good luck!
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom but I understand not feeling motivated. You have the tools but you just need to get yourself moving. I would suggest you find something that could serve as a way to remind you to exercise. Here are some of the ideas that I have seen other people do:

1) Put a dollar in a jar for everytime you work out for atleast 30 minutes. Take 2 dollars out for everytime you plan to exercise but don't.
    2) Put your sneakers/gym clothes on the second your little one is in bed. You will be more motivated if you are already dressed in your exercise clothes.
    3) This is something I do, I use my OCD tendencies and it works for me: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/615020-how-i-motivate-myself-don-t-break-the-chain?hl=lifehacker#posts-8848843

Good luck!