office party help :D

Options
So there is an office party tomorrow and I really want to impress my fellow employees and manager:)i signed up to bring fruit but i realized that was just boring and uncreative and now i am kind of getting excited to bring something special and original but have no idea what to bring/make! I spent an hour already googling and havent found anything that hit me! i want something delicious, creative, yet simple and fun and OF COURSE HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!! :D perhaps something fruity?!
oh and i cant bring "special brownies" lollllll

some people are bringing: meatballs, spinach dip, rice bowls, cookies, muffins, hummus etc. I want mine to be the talk of the town i dont mean to sound so weird lol!

the problem is: I dont have a kitchen where i live so I wont be able to actually cook anything! i can only 'create' if I buy the right ingredients :)

pleaseeee help me out friends!!!

Replies

• Mindywv2003
    Mindywv2003 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I had same thing here at office... I made Fruit Kabobs

I cubed fruit...(your choice) and put on dollar store wooden skews (broke in half) and made a low cal fruit dip

very nice presentation and everyone loved it , perfect time of year for it :happy:
  • Mindywv2003
    Mindywv2003 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bonus:

If you want it to be a nice presentation you can peel then half a melon or cantelope cut side down on platter and poke holes in... and after making kabobs just insert in holes once you get there ..looks nice :smile:
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What about a mango salsa with "Food Should Taste Good" multigrain chips?

Or some other kind of fruit salsa like this one? http://skinnychef.com/recipes/tropical-salsa
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    for my birthday at the office, we ordered one of these: http://www.ediblearrangements.com/ instead of the usual cake.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Make a fruit salad, include watermelon, cut it about an inch or two off-center longways, hollow it out with a melon baller and put the completed fruit salad in the hollowed out melon rind.
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    I think some kind of salsa would be a great idea! I had some watermelon salsa recently, and it was amazing! I'm sure there are lots of recipes online for it.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    bonus:

If you want it to be a nice presentation you can peel then half a melon or cantelope cut side down on platter and poke holes in... and after making kabobs just insert in holes once you get there ..looks nice :smile:

that is suchh a good idea!!! xcept someone is bringing a fruit salad:(:(
  • soleilxo
    Options
    Make a fruit salad, include watermelon, cut it about an inch or two off-center longways, hollow it out with a melon baller and put the completed fruit salad in the hollowed out melon rind.

i think that would be my first choice, or a fruit caboob or w/e its called, xcept someone is bringing a fruit salad:( so that idea i love xcept there wouldbe too much fruit:( i guess i need to do something with vegetables..maybe a vegetable kacoob or w/e its called...
  • soleilxo
    Options
    What about a mango salsa with "Food Should Taste Good" multigrain chips?

Or some other kind of fruit salsa like this one? http://skinnychef.com/recipes/tropical-salsa

this actually sounds very tasty:) someone is bringing a fruit salad, is that like basically the same thing?