who and why

Options
2»

Replies

• LadyKatie2010
    Options
    What does this topic have to do with motivation or support with respect to weight loss and getting fit?

i suppose nothing. but its a chat forum and i wondered people's thoughts. you dont have to read it or respond to it if you dont want to.

Just so you know, there's actually a 'chit-chat, fun, and games' board for this sort of topic. The 'motivation and support' board is generally for motivation and support about fitness and health related things.

that's true. I thought I'd clicked on that one. :S oh well. too late now.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    This is going to go well.

But it reminds me of my morning commute experience today. A creepy dude with an "Impeach Obama" sign handing out some fear-mongering drivel, saying nothing except, "Yeeaahh Obama is baaad. He's a bad, bad boy." And doing so in a fairly creepy voice. I mean, not only does this creepy dude not understand what impeachment really means, but I was confused as to whether he wanted to give Obama a good spanking or if he had any other decent speech prepared for why he thinks Obama should be impeached.

Anyway, I laughed.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You can't vote *against* someone in a presidential election. That's just not how the US election process works. If your best (or only) reason for casting your vote one way or the other is specifically because you don't like the opposition (and not necessarily that you like anything about the candidate you are voting for), you have no business voting in the first place.

Everything Obama wants to do with his second term is something I have a vested interest in. Being young, female, and a student, I have every reason to vote Democrat. How can anybody be against equality, access to health services, and a fair tax system? What is wrong with you?

The Republican party has lost its collective mind, and lost control of the monster that is the Tea Party to boot (which was born from an experiment in merging church and state--unconstitutional, much?--that went awry - allying the Southern Baptist Convention with the Republican Party). Mitt Romney in particular is the epitome of the white, male, upper-class "status quo," utterly out of touch with reality and clinging to what his sheltered upbringing has told him what this country should be instead of acknowledging what it is. Being a member of a racist, misogynist cult isn't a mark in his favor, either. Mormonism is a cult, just as all religious outfits are, and this particular one is offensive to every possible group of non-white and/or non-male individuals in one way or another, if you do even the slightest bit of research on the history and beliefs of the LDS church. If you feel comfortable being part of this group, LadyKatie, I'm not going to argue with you, but it disturbs me that so many women--so many *people,* really--in this country and around the world still manage to make it to adulthood with no critical thinking skills whatsoever.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    You can't vote *against* someone in a presidential election. That's just not how the US election process works. If your best (or only) reason for casting your vote one way or the other is specifically because you don't like the opposition (and not necessarily that you like anything about the candidate you are voting for), you have no business voting in the first place.

This paragraph is completely wrong. If the candidate in office is totally against everything you believe in, and the candidate running against him you only partially support, there is no reason that you cannot vote for the guy you partially support to get the guy you disagree with out of office.

I'm not sure that I agree that Obama's tax plan is fair. I don't think Mitt's is fair either actually. But I certainly do not believe that the Republicans are against me as a woman and the Democrats are for me. That's actually laughable and uninformed.
  • debi121155
    debi121155 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    iN CASE YOU DIDN[T KNOW THE MIDDLE CLASS AND THE PEOPLE MAKING OVER 250000.00 ARE THE ONLY aMERICANS PAYING TAXES. wHAT IS FARE IN THAT?
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Not touching this one with a 10 foot post! :happy:

No matter what party is in line for president - he is simply the fall guy(/girl whenever that takes place). However, Congress... yeah, I'll just stop here!!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of my favorite political joke:

The Pope visits Washington and President Bush takes him for a ride down the Potomac on the presidential yacht. They're enjoying themselves when a gust of wind blows the Pope's hat (zucchetto) off and out onto the water. The Secret Service begins to launch a boat but Bush waves them off saying, "Wait. I'll take care of this."

Bush steps off the yacht onto the surface of the water, walks out a ways and picks up the hat. Back on board, he hands the hat to the Pope amid stunned silence.

The next morning the Washington Post carries the story complete with photos under the heading BUSH CAN'T SWIM.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm a Canadian (with some ties to the US) and I follow American politics. If I were voting, I'd probably vote Libertarian, but I don't know very much about Gary Johnson. I can't say that I like that he has changed political parties recently. I believe that a political leader should pick the party that best represents their personal views, so I'm not sure how/why they switch. It happens in Canada too.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Not touching this one with a 10 foot post! :happy:

No matter what party is in line for president - he is simply the fall guy(/girl whenever that takes place). However, Congress... yeah, I'll just stop here!!

Your avatar is AMAZINGLY HILARIOUS...that is all..:happy:
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Howdy folks,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Joshua
    MyFitnessPal Forum Staff
This discussion has been closed.