Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Newbie: needs motivational friends!

Been on MFP for a while - sometimes log in sometimes down :grumble: - but just started forums! :smile:
I'm serious about getting healthy now - so am on the hunt for some motivational buddies! :happy:

About me:
I'm 27 professional from London - who eats too many desserts and far too much wine! :drinker:

SW: 89kg / 196lbs
CW: 83.9kg / 184.96lbs :indifferent:
GW: 68kg / 149.9lbs :love:
UGW: 65kg / 143.3lbs

My first goal is to get into the 70's kg. I was there but let it all creep back on again after trying meal replacements. Definitely not for me :sick:
I've got 15.9kg / 35lbs to loose to get there! Feeling positive about *** clean eating and exercise ****

Replies

• courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    I am a 25 yr old professional from US, feel free to add me!

SW: 105.23kg / 232lbs
    CW: 94.8kg / 209lbs
    GW: 81.65kg / 180lbs
    UGW: 74.84kg / 165lbs
  • I've just started with the boards as well! Feel free to add me as a friend - I'd love to help! Can't wait to hear your success story.
  • NeeneVa
    NeeneVa Posts: 42 Member
    I hear ya about the wine! That is one of my downfalls as well. Feel free to add me if you need a friend to commisserate with :-)
  • justalittleTLC
    justalittleTLC Posts: 25 Member
    Hi! You're more than welcome to add me. I am always looking for motivational friends :)
  • ckitsch81
    ckitsch81 Posts: 7 Member
    Wine is my downfall, too! :drinker:

SW: 199 lbs
    CW: 196 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs
    UGW: 120 lbs (I'm 5'6" and I have a pretty small frame)
  • Hi my Name is Tsakahawie From the US
    I am 21 years old and I just started my journey last monday and looking for friends too :)
    Any one feel free to add me :)

SW-255
    CW-247
    GW1-225
    GW2-200
    GW3-185
    GW4-175
    GW5-160
    UGW-145-150?

Also I am 5'6 almost 5'7 :)
    I am not looking to be skinny
    I am looking to be healthy and fit :)
    I put my diary up to view and weigh in once a week
    I just cut out fast food and started eating clean

ONE LAST thing :)
    I start the 30 day shred today and hip hop abs if any one
    would like to join around the same time to track our progress together :)
  • jhill4mpls
    jhill4mpls Posts: 3 Member
    Beer or wine, its just too nice to have after a day at work!

I'm on the lookout for a support friend too!

I am trying to build a few up because I fall off track and always need encouragement to get right back on it.

Jessica
  • londontart
    londontart Posts: 27 Member
    You sound like me! All about the desserts and wine!!! I live in London and since I've been here I've discovered far too many good places to eat!! Looking for motivation as well so feel very free to add me!!!
  • altcry
    altcry Posts: 5 Member
    Feel free to add me too! Wine on Friday after work in my down fall too!
  • starryk
    starryk Posts: 53
    Just wondering.. does a vodka/lemonade count a similar to wine... cause I hear you all there. Nothing finer on a friday afternoon after work, on the back deck... uh oh - I am dreaming it now - it'll be calling me for the next 48hours!

Feel free to add me - I'd love the support.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Hey, feel free to add me : 26 year old teacher from Brighton - I have a nice set of friends but I'm always looking for motivated, active people! :)

Desserts always get me ;)
  • I am just back after an ill advised absence. Add me if you like.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Im quite a newbie too, joined this week so feel free to add me too, the more the merrier and everyone is so friendly
  • bellebeauti
    bellebeauti Posts: 3 Member
    I'm not new but I'm new to the boards. What do all the ackronymns mean? I need motivation to stick with my snacks throughout the day. When I eat snacks like carrots or yogurt I find myself hungry right after and I don't ever know what to eat next :( I get hunger headaches all the time when I skip snacks and eat only lite meals. Please help.