Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm Hungry

I'm sticking to the 1400 calorie limit I have, or even lower (by 100 calories), and I'm starving.
What is a good snack with little to no calories I can keep at my desk?

Replies

• londontart
    londontart Posts: 27 Member
    How is your fluid intake? Sometimes hunger is mistaken for thirst? Just a thought as I kept getting hunger pangs, upped my fluids and it seemed to keep it at bay! :)
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Make sure you are eating foods that take longer to digest. High fibre, protein, nuts. Anything that is just straight carbs will digest quickly.
  • hannahjaques
    hannahjaques Posts: 30 Member
    How is your fluid intake? Sometimes hunger is mistaken for thirst? Just a thought as I kept getting hunger pangs, upped my fluids and it seemed to keep it at bay! :)

I found this too ^^ If you're still hungry twenty minutes/half hour after your drink then you really ARE hungry!

Other than that, I'll snack on fruit (typical.. I know!) or I'll have a mocha that I make myself (or a sachet - works out about 88 calories) which curbs my appetite a bit more than just water. I also snack on popcorn or puffed wholegrain rice snacks which tend to be on the lower calorie side. You don't want the ones that are full of salt or sugar though as they are LOADED. Go for the more natural ones. I like Proper Corn (can get them in England, not 100% on world wide availability) or Sainsbury's Cassava Chilli snacks.

I just took a look around when I was doing my shopping to see what would be convenient and what were the best options etc.