Anybody ride a staionary bike?

Options
I ride a recumbent stationary bike for an hour every day, and the ball of my left foot KILLS me. Not the right, just the left. Anyone have any idea what that's all about? I try to make sure I'm not pushing harder with either leg... today I rode in sandals and it was much better.

Replies

• nrbromert
    nrbromert Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Does it feel raw or internal?
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    My stationary bike hurts my tail bone. Not my favourite form of exercise. lol My feet sometimes get crampy or go to sleep when I use it too so maybe it's because the pressure doesn't get varied enough? I just pedal slower, faster, and rest to wiggle my toes when I need to. I've started to try it barefoot; jury's still out on that.
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    I bought one of the portable bikes that's just the pedals with a resistance controller. I put it under my desk at work, so I can pedal while I'm working. It's a great little invention....loving it so far. :love:
  • Nicole_Altieri
    Nicole_Altieri Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a recumbant bike as well, you need good supportive shoes, depending on the speed and resistancy your are pushing down a lot and it may slip your positioning in your foot. Mine feel the same way and sometimes it goes numb - not too much you can do - I got better sneakers and put inserts in them. It helps but the longer I stay on its destin for it to hurt a little.