Your Favorite Freezer Meal Recipes

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
I may be moving soon, so my girlfriend and I would like to spend the weekend cooking making freezer meals to make life easier. I'm talking about cooking in advance casseroles, meals in a ziploc that you defrost & cook later, etc... NOT Lean Cuisines :)

If you have any kick butt meals you either prepare and freeze raw, or freeze once cooked, we'd love to hear them!!

Replies

• VenomousDuck
    Options
    Klondike Bars....
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Klondike Bars....

You're really hungry, aren't you punkin :)
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of spinach lasagna, with whole grain noodles. Or skip the noodles and use sliced eggplant if you're doing the lower carb thing.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this topic....I"m going to be doing freezer meals soon too so that I don't have to do a lot of cooking when the baby is first born.

I'll be making :

Meat Lasagna
    Spinach lasagna
    Chilli
    Pasta sauces so all i have to do is boil noodles.
    Homemade burgers
    Soups..not sure what kind yet.
    Manicotti

Hrm...not sure what else...still brainstorming! LOL :drinker:
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Often we cook and freeze:
    Spaghetti sauce,
    Lasagna in smaller "lunch" sizes and dinner sizes
    shepards pie
    Soups (or veg/chicken/beef broth)
    meat balls (cooked and/or un-cooked freeze on cookie sheet then bag)
    taco filling or pre cooked burger, divided into quick cook sizes
    empanadas
    pancakes (kids love these for a quick breakfast)
    chili
    pulled pork
  • rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Check out this site. I use it all the time for freezer meals. Makes life soooo much easier! They even have a diet menu!
    Www.onceamonthmom.com
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I cook every Sunday and make a bit extra for "freezer meals". I have them all portioned out, all I need to do is thaw and reheat them. Here is a list of what I have:

Turkey Noodle Soup
    Turkey Rice Soup
    Turkey Wild Rice Soup
    (can you tell, that I just cooked up a turkey one day and made a bunch of soups out of it)
    Broccoli Soup
    Turkey Chili
    Turkey Lasagna
    Turkey Meatloaf
    Beef Stew
    Taco Cupcakes
    Cheeseburger Soup (this one is NOT low cal, but delishous)
    Cooked Chicken Breasts (Diced up, ready for salads, fajita's or anything else)

I am BIG on freezing up meals, because I live alone and get bored eating the same thing 3x a week. So I just cook like normal, and freeze a few portions and have them in a few weeks, instead of tomorrow. I also, don't have a lot of spare time in the work week, so this helps to keep me away from "Convenient foods". I make my food convenient.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have another suggestion for you. You know how you buy things in bunches, like carrots, celery, onions, and you only need a little of it for your recipies. I just dice it all up when I am cooking the first meal and then lay out what I don't need for this recipie on a cookie sheet and freeze for about an hour. THen I scoop them up and put them in a ziploc baggie and place in the freezer. No waste! One time clean up, and then the next time I need celery for a soup, it is ready to go in the freezer. I just hate wasting food that is perfectly good.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    www.onceamonthmom.com

Absolutely.
  • metre30
    metre30 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    http://therunaweighgourmet.com/?p=348
    This chili freezes super well!