How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I noticed that I was weighing myself daily and it was becoming bad for me, because I was getting disappointed. So I gave my scale to my neighbor and I'm thinking of weighing myself once a month. I'm going to focus more on how I'm feeling physically and how my clothes are fitting. So what do you do?

Replies

• kksam
    kksam Posts: 38
    Options
    I started out weighing myself every day and the up and down can be depressing. Talked it over with my doctor and he told me to only weigh myself no more than twice a week....mostly just once. So I do it once a week and noticed that if there is a pound or two increase.......it's due to the water weight, as my hands are puffy. Then i weigh myself two to three days later and I'm back to where I was or done a pound or two. Good luck
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I too struggled more when I weighed myself often. I usually only weigh myself once a week (same day, same time- Saturday am after I pee :-P). Sometimes if I think I've done well or afraid I've done poorly I'll sneak a peek mid week, but twice is the most I ever weigh myself in one week.
  • bunny_98
    bunny_98 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started out weighing myself once a week. As I started losing more, I found that I like looking at that number so much that I started weighing everyday. I don't let it get to me if I am up one day and then down the next. I would write it down on a calendar everyday, but instead of comparing it to the day before, I would compare it to the same day last week. I found that helped me to be accountable for if I ate bad or didn't get enough exercise one day. I would usually see it the next or the second day. At the same time, if I stayed on track and had a good day, I would see results quickly rather than waiting until the end of the week.
  • ehjwdj
    ehjwdj Posts: 3
    Options
    Once a week every friday morning completely naked after I pee. NEVER weigh yourself on a Monday...I got that advice from a friend and I think it's the best advice I've ever gotten. =0)
  • supaphly42
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I accept that it's going to fluctuate, but it helps me see the overall progress (or lack thereof at times, haha).
  • supaphly42
    Options
    *edit: sorry for the double post, can't seem to delete it
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get out of the habit of weighing in every day...I am down to twice a week for now.
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm about twice a week or so, and I find that works best for me!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day on our Wii Fit, but I only log my weight on MFP on Fridays.