Huge Personal NSV

Options
mcn79
mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
I had a terrible, no good, very bad day yesterday. Between the stress of moving, PMS and the fact that it was apparently *kitten* day at work, I wasn't doing too well. However, I did NO emotional eating. No stress eating. No cranky eating. No "screw it" eating. I ate on plan, I took a short walk at lunchtime and I treated myself to a diet caffeine free coke.

After work I was still wound up. Did I go through the drive through? NO! Did I buy a bag of chips or a frozen pizza to eat my feelings away? NO. I didn't want to medicate with food. What I wanted to do was punch something. However, that wasn't an option. So I picked up a copy of 30 Day Shred on my way home. I changed into my exercise clothes. I did a one mile walk with Leslie Sansone (Walk Away the Pounds) to warm up and then I let Jillian Michael's kick my butt. I didn't quite make it through the entire level 1 workout, but I came darn close. I finished 19 minutes of the 20 minute program. I finished all the strength training. I finished all of the cardio... I just couldn't quite make that last minute of abs.

Although I have lost 18 lbs, I still weigh 274 lbs. I've been exercising regularly, but by no means am I in shape. But I did it. And I'm going to do it again and again and again... probably until I can tell Jillian to ef off. :)

This is the biggest victory I think I could ask for. I CAN do this. I WILL do this. Thanks to all of your for your support and encouragement.

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, I'm so proud for you!! Keep up the great work!!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    One of the BEST NSV's I've read in a while!!! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • 4newtsmom
    4newtsmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow...That really is an amazing post. By the sounds of your day yesterday, you could have easily get the best of you, and turned to the bad comfort habits, but you didn't! That is amazing motivation for the rest of us that still do use bad, and busy days as an excuse.

Thanks so much for sharing your success!!!
  • bmfoley
    bmfoley Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    I'm having a similar day to you today but I am not going to let it get me down either!! I did 45 minutes on the ellyptical earlier and I may go and do Jillian's Ripped in 30. . .

Keep up the great work!!!
  • motown_groove
    motown_groove Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Fab post ... really inspiring for me :O)
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great job taking control of your life and your emotions!! Stay Healthy and Happy for Life
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    Wahooo sistah! Way to KILL it!!!

Great job... you are so much stronger than you ever knew...!!!

KEEP IT UP!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ruthiestamos
    ruthiestamos Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great job! Way to keep focused even after a bad day.
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    great job!

It can be so hard to not let a bad day ruin your eating habits. I have a lot of trouble with that! keep up the great work!
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    Your strength is admirable. It helps me to know that it can be done.
    I use food if I have had a bad day too, but this was an example of how to do it.

Well done.

One question for anyone (as I am a noob) what is an NSV?
  • arellolson
    arellolson Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a huge step! Keep up that focus! :drinker:
  • emyjeter
    emyjeter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. This is a very inspiring post.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! :drinker:

NSV=Non Scale Victory
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    That's great!! I'm proud of you as it IS a major accomplishment. I always wanna resort to food too when i'm mad, sad or any other emotion. I've gotten better at it too
  • tarag8100
    tarag8100 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    this is one FANTASTIC post. thank you for sharing!!! and congrats!

and dsproffitt, NSV is non scale victory!
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to go!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I finished 19 minutes of the 20 minute program.

After doing something else first....in my eyes you DID do the whole thing! Congrats!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic!!
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    That's one awesome NSV! Way to go! You inspire me to do better the next time I have a day like that because yesterday...I went off the rails with my eating.
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Inspiring nsv (non scale victory) - thanks for posting :-D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!