Huge Personal NSV

Options

Replies

• mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and encouragement! I am so extremely proud of myself - not for resisting the siren song of emotional eating, but that I didn't even hear it. Never once did I consider turning to food. I believe this is due to two things:

1. Hard work with my therapist before starting my weight loss journey. I put off losing weight for about three years. I was drawn towards becoming healthier but I knew I had too many emotional demons that had to be slain before I could successfully lose weight. I wasn't ready for the challenge and the hard work.

2. I don't deprive myself. I determine my TDEE and eating 1900-2300 calories a day. With the majority of my choices being healthy, this still leaves room for a fun size candy bar or two, a individual frozen pizza or a snack size mcflurry when I want one. I believe that if I wasn't still working these things into my diet regularly I would have snapped and binged.
  • nessaryan
    nessaryan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! This is sincerely inspiring!
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You, my dear, are a rock star. Congrats to you for making such good choices on such a bad day!
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

One question for anyone (as I am a noob) what is an NSV?

Non Scale Victory.
    Don't worry I asked the same question a few weeks ago.

Great Job.. Thanks for sharing! It is inspiring to read.. I can relate and I am sure so can many others.

Great Job - Pat yourself on the back and just take it one day at a time.
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    VERY awesome! I also started 30DS! I am doing it everyother day this weeks and plan on starting the 30 consecutive days on Monday. Feel free to add me as a 30DS buddy! Keep it up! You are doing great!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Now, that's success, and it feels good!!!!! You wouldn't have felt nearly as good if you'd given in. :wink:
  • lvlygrrl
    lvlygrrl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good job! So proud of you!!!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Congrats!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You Should Feel SO AWESOME!!! You are Making Progress!!
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Options
    :drinker:
  • abcmom03
    abcmom03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I tell Jillian to eff off every day!

GREAT JOB!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    This is such an amazing victory! Great job and keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    love this post your awsome great attituide keep up the good work !!!! ill friend you!!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS what an awesome feeling. Keep up the good work
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    That is indeed a HUGE NSV!!! Congratulations to you!!

As a former emotional eater, it was just flabbgergasting and amazing to me when I realized for the first time that I did just as you on a day that would have normally had me running for my stash of now untouched chocolates, the drive-through, or any number of high calorie/high fat/high salt foods. It's very rewarding when you hit this point in your journey, and I hope that you find yourself having many, many more of just this kind of NSV. (not the days where it's "*kitten* day" at work, but I hope you get what I mean) Keep up with your dedication, the exercise, eating well, and before you know it you'll be needing smaller, then even smaller clothes.
  • lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for sharing! Wish I wold have read this a couple days ago!
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Options
    Cheers!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Now that's the way to do it, don't let those outside things bother you and get you down. Work out your frustrations and burn those calories. So proud of you...keep it up
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Awesome! This is a huge NSV and you are totally going to kill the rest of your 30DS workouts! WTG!
  • HoneyCashew
    Options
    Awesome job!!! I had a crappy day too...but FORCED myself to the gym...and guess what?? I felt great after.
    Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!