Ready to lose weight...as I stare at a bag of chocolates

Options
I've been on MFP off and on forever and finally decided that I'd take a look to see who else is here. Maybe I can find some motivation and give some back.
I'm serious about that chocolate in front of me though. I work in IT and did something nice for someone and they rewarded me with a giant envelope of mini hershey bars and kisses. Typically, I would have eaten it all by now. I've eaten two in two days. But I hear it...calling my name....
Add me if you'd like. I could definitely use the encouragement.

H - 5'10
CW-218
HW-233
GW-199 (for now)

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Put the chocolate away or give it away so it doesn't tempt you! If you're craving chocolate, find some good quality chocolate and have a square of that a few times a week :) good luck!
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain.

OMG I fight the chocolate battle everyday. and Its not just a certain time of Day. I would rather eat chocolate than a real meal. Pretty sad. But once I get off the chocolate, I can stay off it. I had about 90 days clean off chocolet/sweets and I felt so dang good. Took one bite of ice cream and I was off and running again.

So here's the deal I made with myself. I don't keep it in the house. If I want a treat I have to get on my bike ride the 1.5 miles to the store, eat the sweet there, then ride my bike back another 1.5 miles. It makes me stop and think at least...how bad do I really want this. 9 times out of 10 I won't go. If someone gives me sweets, I give it away right away.

stay strong . We can do this together
  • bightodd
    Options
    I'm going to give it away. If I keep it, it will be gone. I work for about 70 attorneys and it can get exceptionally stressful. I'm just gonna end up demolishing them one day if I keep them. Thanks for the words!
  • terrygran
    Options
    I'm new (renew) here. Add me if you like.
  • TumblingSuperhero
    TumblingSuperhero Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Summer is always a bad time for me diet-wise, because there are lots of celebrations, including my birthday, etc. I went a little crazy this year, too. I have a binge-eating tendency that makes it super-difficult once I've tasted one bite. But I'm fighting against it.

Let's support each other, we can do this :-)

I'm new here, by the way, so feel free to add me, if you'd like :-)
  • K_Smith86
    K_Smith86 Posts: 123
    Options
    Oh man, that's the worst! I was craving chocolate really, REALLY bad today. I had errands to run on my lunch, one of them being the grocery store. Ended up getting a box of Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters. Only 120 calories per bag, and there's 6 little fudge caramel things per bag. I told myself that I can have ONE of those packets a week, and that's it. It's going to be very, VERY difficult to resist that urge, seeing as how they are sitting in the bottom of one of my desk drawers. But I know I can do it. Feel free to add me for support and encouragement! (That offer is open to anyone else too btw.) :)