Looking for Motivation and MFP Friends! :)

Options
Hi y'all! My name is Ana from Dallas, TX and I am married with a 3 year old Daughter. I have been on MFP for about year now and have logged on and stopped and now I am back again. haha! I am tired of always losing weight and gaining it right back. I lost all my baby weight in 2010 and slowly gained it back. ugh! Very dissapointing. I beat myself up all the time for letting myself go and letting my cravings take over me. I am ready to make my eating habits and working out a lifestyle and not a "diet." I am hoping to make new friends on here so that I can stay motivated and of a course have someone hold me accountable. Feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• dangnabit
    Options
    Hi Ana! I'm Ash, 25 f from the UK. I'm always craving something and always trying to lose weight and be healthier. I'll add you x
  • anarjackson
    anarjackson Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks Ash! Nice to meet you.
  • DevonW32
    DevonW32 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Same here it's amazing how the weight can creep back on you....we are all here for you Good Luck!!!
  • joymurphy96
    joymurphy96 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ana - You hit the nail on the head when you talk about "habits".... We live in a society where it is usually the80/20 rule right? 80% we eat bad and then we try to make up the good stuff 20% of the time. This past year through a program my friend introduced me to (24 Day Challenge) I learned to flip that 80/20.... Eat good things 80% of the time which allows me to eat whatever I want 20% of the time.

Think about it too this way.... we take care of our personal items (house, car, clothes, etc.) so much better than we do our own BODY.... That was SUCH an awakening moment for me. :) Right now my I have not regained the "baby fat" I gained after my son and feel amazing. Now a healthy lifestyle is my new "norm" day to day life.

If you want to know more about the 24 Day Challenge that I did... message me. :) It is through Advocare (and you will find a list of their products already as part of the foods on here!). :)

Stay Strong! You can do this!!!!
    Joy Medrano
    Advocare Independent Distributor
  • HurryMommaNow
    HurryMommaNow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! & I'll help motivate you, but you gotta promise to help motivate me too! I'm Amanda from Pinson, AL! :-)
  • joymurphy96
    joymurphy96 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nice to "meet" you by the way... LOL
  • NorthWestWildWind
    Options
    I have been away from MFP for about a year. I haven't stopped my progress but stopped tracking. I'm kind of at a slow point in my loss and decided it's time to pay closer attention to the food I intake. I eat healthy but I'm sure my portions are still too big. Gonna work hard on it. I kind of thought I shouldn't need to worry about it since I reduced my ridiculously huge alcohol consumption to zero. But I've hit the plateau. I'm a 40 year old grandma and I've lost 61 pounds so far. I'm a student of Forestry and just spent my summer interning for the USFS. It was fantastic! I love the great outdoors! And I live in the right place in the Mt Hood National forest. I started losing weight when I went back to school with water aerobics then moved to the gym with the ellyptical and weights. I'm hooked now. It helps with my stress (monday will be 2 months off of the cigarettes!) and it keeps my brain sharp. If I'm feeling ornery, I hit the gym and tucker myself out so I lose my attitude! It's very nice to meet you!
  • Jaylee26
    Jaylee26 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can relate 100%
  • terrygran
    Options
    Hey Ana, I am back at it again as well. Add me if you like.