FOOD DIARY

Options
Several people have asked to see my food diary ... I'm hesitant. Guess I'm afraid people will criticize what I'm eating just like people tell me that I eat out too much. It's working for me and I'm in control AND I'm losing ... why do I worry about what other people say?

Replies

• awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Never share anything you are uncomfortable sharing.
  • stemab3
    stemab3 Posts: 58
    Options
    I agree, only share what you want when you want! The last thing any of us need is more criticism to makes us feel bad!

Good luck!
  • vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Do what works and feels right for you! If people don't like it.....tooooooooooooooo bad :-)
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I have a disclaimer of sorts right in my "about me" that says, "I do not share diary info. I will answer any of your questions to the best of my ability but my dairy is MY OWN BUSINESS". I still have PLENTY of support from my friends list, so guess it's fine and dandy! :wink:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The only time I would suggest sharing your diary is if you're asking for advice about what you're doing otherwise, it's no one's business, Perhaps you could ask them why they want to see it and judge from there? There are some temporary things you can do like make it public for only a day or so until you get the input you need. Or set it up with a keyword access and only give it to select people - and even then I would assume you could change the keyword or just make it private again.
  • rnb1127
    rnb1127 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I personally like to have mine open and like to view other's diaries not to "judge" but to get ideas of different options and to see what foods are working for them in their weightloss journey if they have been successfully losing weight.

If you don't feel comfortable sharing, then don't, it's that simple. However, it is a helpful tool for others.
  • grannisue
    Options
    Some people are helpful, some are critical. I don't care I eat what I want and I try to eat a well balanced diet but if I want to indulge that is my choice and if they don't like it I can also put it just so it's private or just my friends see it. I can also take people off my "friend" list who I don't feel are helping with my weight loss journey. Just enjoyed an apple fritter - guess I better log that!:laugh: I do get a lot of great ideas from others diaries. Talked with a friend this morning and she had a lushy looking smoothie. 1 & 1/2 frozen bananas and 1 c. of the almond coconut milk that is 40 cal. whipped up in her blender. Smelled wonderful but she wouldn't let us even taste it. Said it tasted like a creamie.