Zumba Shoes! What to buy?

Options
I go to 2-3 Zumba classes a week and I need shoes just for the class. I don't want to use my running shoes cause the class will wear at them. So I am here to ask what shoes do you use? The brand? Why do you like them and if you have tried any shoes and didn't like them.

I was looking at Ryka Exertion Shoe or Nike Shox. What do you think about them? Help me decided and soon :)

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I read Zombie Shoes.. disappointed. Leaving now, bye!
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Probably some kind of running shoe.... where I go for zumba they have a special floor so we actually go barefoot... much easier!!
  • mgero212
    mgero212 Posts: 96
    Options
    We dance on hardwood floors and my other shoes have too much grip so I can't move as easily. What kind of floor is it?
  • cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    I wear studio shoes. They are by sketchers. But nike makes them also. You can buy them on the zumba site too, however they are expensive. They do not have any tread on them. They are great and make a huge difference in sliding around through the moves. Good luck.
  • margaritkat
    Options
    I do not think that running shoes can be used during the Zumba classes. I bought Cross training but the hard wood floor in the Health Club prevents me to slide. There should be a special shoe probably for that. Ask you training instructor he/she give you more on the subject.
  • nikkolec
    nikkolec Posts: 204
    Options
    I use Sansha "Tutto Nero" Dance Sneakers. They have split soles, so if you're not used to dance shoes they might not provide the arch support you want.
  • mgero212
    mgero212 Posts: 96
    Options
    I am thinking about getting shoes off of www.zumba.com/ what do you think?
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My ankles would kill me during Zumba so I looked online for shoes meant for dancing and jazzercize. Being on a budget, I ended up with Nike Musique III - they have smooth bottoms so you can move side to side easily and they provide ankle support.
  • cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    The zumba ones are very nice. A lot of my friends have them, as well as the intstructors. I went with the ones I bought, because of price.