When is Sticking to the Diet the Most Difficult for You?

Options
Ok so I was wondering when sticking to the diet is the most difficult for others on here..

For me it's when a game is on.

There is just something about watching footie and eating and/drinking that just seems to go well. But for me, when one of my teams are playing that seems to be the time I can't stick to the diet and end up snacking or ordering out.

Just curious what is the toughest time for everyone else to stick to their diets.

Replies

• gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When I'm stressed.
    Usually I feel as if I want to binge on sweets after an argument with my husband or after a really poor day at work (when I don't even get time to eat).
  • PhiphiLaRouge
    Options
    only been doing it for two days but so far its round about 11am! lol
  • SarahJean0704
    Options
    i have a really big and close family ..
    and it seems like there is always food together when we get together.
    thats when I have the hardest time staying within my calories , and the bad thing is we get together almost everyother weekend .
  • edetherington
    edetherington Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The toughest time for me is when I'm around others and they're eating things that I used to love to eat! The other day a few guys ordered in pizza at work for lunch and I was offered some, it was very hard to say now because it smelled and looked so good! Other times are when my fiance and I are visiting our families, it's hard to pick out things we can eat from the meals they make. We try to bring food for us to eat, but it gets hard.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    That time of the month! Ugh the desire to eat junk all day long is just awful. :blushing:
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    The toughest ones for me are when I'm eating lunch with my co-workers and everyone decides to order something that I absolutely can't resist. Not to mention the weekly box of donuts that tends to show up in our lounge!

If I'm stressed, sad, or even bored...I have so much trouble resisting it!
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Pot lucks...I always want to try ALL the deserts.
    And any time there is wine. Once I have a glass it seems I start grabbing for the sweets as well.
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    When I don't have a plan for what I'm going to eat. Even if I just plan a few hours at a time, I do better.
  • c_smith_0789
    Options
    When I am running low on food and need to go to the store! As long as Im stocked up on healthy food I dont have a huge problem. But if I need to make a run to the store and dont have time... thats when i start eating the crap that i havnt thrown out of the freezer. Like Pizza or deep Fried foods. So I make sure I go to the store!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    When I'm not sleeping. :wink:

Actually, I've discovered it's when I'm really mad about something. I want to munch on something purely out of frustration. Unfortunately I has an @sshole of a co-worker so I seem to be pissed off a lot lately.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I have made a life style change rather than diet. I try and make the best choice from the choices available. If the taste doesn't meet my expectations I no longer eat it. I don't deprive myself of anything as long as it fits within my plan.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    1. TOM
    2. Stressed about my relationship
    3. When my normal routine breaks down (I HATE change).
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Definitely when I eat at a restaurant.